Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425 LastLast
    FYI, WebOS Quick Install has been updated to v2.02, with a completely up-to-date "Download in Browser" mod, including the special hotkeys (which I am in love with btw fritos1406 ).

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Beautiful, added that and restarted luna, and it's perfect. What a difference a hyphen can make.

Thanks a ton for your help.
    are you (or is anybody) able to download more than one item from a page without restarting the browser? I am only able to download a single pdf and after that, I can click other links and the requests are seemingly ignored. If I close the browser and go back to that page, then I am able to download one more file, but then if I have a list of documents I need to get it gets tedious opening and closing the browser to get each one.
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by eff20see View Post
    are you (or is anybody) able to download more than one item from a page without restarting the browser? I am only able to download a single pdf and after that, I can click other links and the requests are seemingly ignored. If I close the browser and go back to that page, then I am able to download one more file, but then if I have a list of documents I need to get it gets tedious opening and closing the browser to get each one.
    im able to download more then once, have no bug on my browser like that to yours

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    eff20see: I remember that being the case with the download in browser patch from webOS v1.0.4, but I didn't test that functionality last night. I'll check it this afternoon when I get a chance, and let you know if I have that problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    should be

Code:
    <div x-mojo-elements="List" class="palm-list no-lines">
    	#{-listElements}
    </div>
    u need to add the: -
    I just did this aswell and it fixed it for me too
    just put the patch in and now i can't get into a browser at all. I am definitely connected to the internet using my tether, but this is the very first patch i've used at rootcastle and i think i need to erase it but not sure how.

ok after restart i can browse again, but i thought this patch would allow me to link onto a phone number in the browser and have it directly connect. it just says this link is in stream.
    options
    stream
    download
    neither work.
  7.    #467  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    just put the patch in and now i can't get into a browser at all. I am definitely connected to the internet using my tether, but this is the very first patch i've used at rootcastle and i think i need to erase it but not sure how.

ok after restart i can browse again, but i thought this patch would allow me to link onto a phone number in the browser and have it directly connect. it just says this link is in stream.
    options
    stream
    download
    neither work.
    well it should open the phone app when u click on a number, are u sure the patch applied? may u send me a link to the website where u got the number?

ok can someone please explain how to do this? Thanx in advance! =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash 3 View Post
    ok can someone please explain how to do this? Thanx in advance! =D
    Main Page - WebOS Internals
    I have a quick question about this patch. When I used the tweak that is supposed to install this patch from webos quickinstall, I am unable to download any files from secure sites which require me to login in order to download. Does the same error exist in this patch? Please don't think that I'm trying to get support for quickinstall. Rather, I just want to know if it would be worth my time to root and install this patch.
  11.    #471  
    Umm idk I think it should be the same tweak seeing as jason got it from here

why is there 2 browser download patches??thanks
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    why is there 2 browser download patches??thanks
    They are the same one just different methods of doing so

any chance we could get the dialog to passthrough as an option. In other words, click No to stream and No to download, and let the browser have a go at it. this would, to help with browser limitations, allow us to get the URL of the file at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    CHANGES
    8/21/09
    - UPDATED TO ALLOW CALLING NUMBERS THROUGH BROWSER. -Dizzwave
    wait a min.. calling numbers through the browser? what does that mean? like voip through a webpage? how does that work can you talk and hear on through it using bluetooth? I'm lost here.. the reason why I haven't added this tweak yet is because of the potential to download malicious malware.
  16.    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    wait a min.. calling numbers through the browser? what does that mean? like voip through a webpage? how does that work can you talk and hear on through it using bluetooth? I'm lost here.. the reason why I haven't added this tweak yet is because of the potential to download malicious malware.
    oh wat it means is that it would open the phone app when u click on a number in the web

17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    any chance we could get the dialog to passthrough as an option. In other words, click No to stream and No to download, and let the browser have a go at it. this would, to help with browser limitations, allow us to get the URL of the file at least.
    maybe i can..but i have been sooo lazy lately lol

For instance, I find a website that has ical calendars to import with google calendar. .ics extension I believe. I want to click on them and get the url by having the browser load them but I can't. Well, I could but then I would have to use my finger to scroll up and down forum threads (remove patch).

Heh, is this a contest, because imlazierthanur.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I want to start off by saying you guys are great for developing stuff like this. The things that have been accomplished in such a short amount of time is amazing and that is what is going to make webos such a hit....

I am having an issue with youtube videos launching from my browser. I have installed this patch through the quick install. and I cant seem to get my browser to recognize youtube videos? I was having some problems last night so I did a reboot with webos doctor and I started fresh today. I have tried with the patch installed and with the patch uninstalled and the browser doesnt recognize the videos either way. I used youtube in the past through my browser m.youtube.com and when I clicked on a video it would launch the youtube application. Now I cant get that to work at all.

Can someone help me with this.

Thank you very much
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lobody94; 09/05/2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Problem solved it had nothing to do with this patch. The problem was with the "spoof iphone user agent" patch. Once I uninstalled it youtube started working again.