Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayDuffer View Post
    My problem is...i did applied the 8/25 patch..everything went smooth. But i am now in landscape mode and when scrolled down..there's not a urlbar there.
    so now bar popped up at all?? whenu scroll down in landscape???

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    no urlbar...neither method 1 nor method 2 worked.

This is what i got minutes ago.

3.    #363  
    quilt pop the browser patch, then quilt delete the patch. once u do that quilt import. then all u have to do is quilt push -a

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    quilt pop the browser patch, then quilt delete the patch. once u do that quilt import. then all u have to do is quilt push -a
    PM sent.

Just did pop, delete, import and push....still NO urlbar.
    I know i am doing something wrong here.
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 08/26/2009 at 02:41 AM.
    awesomoness i love this patch, me tinks the click on image or hold on image to download should be extensively looked into

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
  6.    #366  
    well i had something in mind as having a somewhat of a frame around each image on the web..but its i doubt id be able to do this! ud still have to modificate the file so that the frames can lead to a link where it stream the photo and then be able to download but way beyond my webos knowledge as of now!!

7.    #367  
    PM sent.

Just did pop, delete, import and push....still NO urlbar.
    I know i am doing something wrong here.
    u would have to click on the bar. same thing as if u were in portrait

8.    #368  
    is anybody else having difficulties with the urlbar on landscape??

u would have to click on the bar. same thing as if u were in portrait
    I followed what you gave me on the PM, but no go.
    There is NOT a urlbar on landscape mode. Isnt that weird?

I might have to skip out on this particular patch and wait for your updated patch.

You have been very kind and very helpful. Thankyou.

HappyModdding.
    SD
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Everyone cross your fingers and hope I am not too asleep.
  11.    #371  
    well im updating the patch in a bit but u'd have to use the second method, ive managed to increase the size of the urlbar with the help of Ikyo. still cant seem to get it at the perfect size but this is good for now!

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    All I care about right now is that it adjusts itself between landscape and portrait modes. We can fix the size later after I get some sleep The portrait setting is dead on. I had to guess on the landscape so you will have to post pics once it gets put in to see if it works.
    hmmm i so ur saying that when u stream it would also download the file?
    yes.

Podcaster - Stream audio and video podcasts

I go there, click play on one of the episodes and, the file remains in the media/internal/downloads directory. even if I choose Stream. now that I look on the blank webpage if I scroll down I do see the download progress bar.

don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, but I do have a URL Bar in landscape mode, which is great, and seems to indicate I did the newest patch.
    I am having the same problem as sunday. The patch installed correctly but no url bar is showing on landscape.
    is anybody else having difficulties with the urlbar on landscape??

i'm also not getting a url bar, but as far as i can see, installing the patch went perfectly...
    no urlbar...neither method 1 nor method 2 worked.

This is what i got minutes ago.
    [/IMG]
    It states in your output your problem. "Patch ... exists. Replace with -f"

Use quilt import -f <patch> so that you can UPDATE the patch that quilt is managing.

All patches should be done like this using quilt...

Code:
    cd /opt/src/modifications
    git pull
    mount -o rw,remount /
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt import -f <patch>
    quilt push -a
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Finally got this installed. I was running into a failure at Hunk 1 then re-read this entire thread and applyed the -f. After that, rebooted and it seems to work. Tested phone number dialing and google maps launching thru a website.

I dont see a URL bar in either screen orientation but will test some more. Thanks for a much needed improvement to the user experience. The biggest reason I wanted this patch was to navigate a web page without having to flick. Thanks to everyone involved in getting this out.
    The keyboard shortcuts are great. For those of you who use the forum here or others the keyboard shortcuts work very well for navigating long pages. And very little checkerboards when you are flying down the page.

To see the urlbar you need to flick the screen all the way down like a window shade. The urlbar is at the top of the user's screen just above the top of the webpage and is hidden unless you pull it down.

The browser still downloads and streams at the same time when choosing stream. I did the patch on a fresh browser directory from the webosdoctor tar files. No errors during the patch.
    Last edited by hmagoo; 08/26/2009 at 01:51 PM.
  19.    #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    The keyboard shortcuts are great. For those of you who use the forum here or others the keyboard shortcuts work very well for navigating long pages. And very little checkerboards when you are flying down the page.

To see the urlbar you need to flick the screen all the way down like a window shade. The urlbar is at the top of the user's screen just above the top of the webpage and is hidden unless you pull it down.

The browser still downloads and streams at the same time when choosing stream. I did the patch on a fresh browser directory from the webosdoctor tar files. No errors during the patch.
    yeah somehow we got to restrrict it from downloading when u hit stream. i didnt even noticed that!

same here no url in landscape