Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    the only way it will work now is with this possibly

/opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch -f

because i doubt u can quilt pop it anymore since u imported the new one before removing it so jus enforce it

EDIT: Okay well just make sure it came out fine okay

One of the reasons to use quilt is that it backs up any files it touches before pushing a patch. The pop -f option will use the backups to restore the files to the state they were in before the push.

This is one of the reasons it is HIGHLY recommended not to apply mods by hand. quilt will always have a way back to where you started, so ALWAYS use quilt.
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    by the way, the keyboard shortcuts work really well and i'm so glad somebody took the time to do this! flicking is cool but not when you are on a looooong page and just want to get to the top/bottom
    thank DRnull for that one. he let me add it to my patch... anyways to improve the browser please let me know i will figure a way to get it done

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  3.    #323  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    One of the reasons to use quilt is that it backs up any files it touches before pushing a patch. The pop -f option will use the backups to restore the files to the state they were in before the push.

This is one of the reasons it is HIGHLY recommended not to apply mods by hand. quilt will always have a way back to where you started, so ALWAYS use quilt.
    so true. reason why i dont use d2g's how-to's anymore
    well i only did one but i removed it since it didnt let me apply other patches

can u get like get jar apps from this
  5.    #325  
    im sure u can download them, just not install them lol

anyhing can be downloaded in the browser

u cant download clicking an image yet tho

do you know of a
    way you can get jar apps on the pre
  7.    #327  
    not yet.

wait i have a problem.... i said earlier that it was working because it would prompt to stream/download... however i am attempting to download a pdf... any pdf really just to test it... and at the bottom of the browser it says something about <div id = 'MojoListItemsParentMarker' ></div>

any ideas?

also how can i complete remove and delete every patch ever.... not just pop them i mean totally remove it all
    wait i have a problem.... i said earlier that it was working because it would prompt to stream/download... however i am attempting to download a pdf... any pdf really just to test it... and at the bottom of the browser it says something about <div id = 'MojoListItemsParentMarker' ></div>

any ideas?

also how can i complete remove and delete every patch ever.... not just pop them i mean totally remove it all

quilt pop -a -f will restore all files touched by any previous "quilt push" operation. After this is done, you may tell quilt to stop managing any patch you want by issuing "quilt delete <patch>". If you would like to list the series of patches quilt is managing for you, issue "quilt series". If you would like to see which patches are currently applied issue "quilt applied".
    I've noticed that the Pre's browser recognizes that there is an embedded YouTube video on a page. All you have to do is tap the blank space (where the video should be) and it will highlight gray for a few seconds. Is there any way you can tell this patch to open the video in the YouTube app when you tap the "invisible" embedded video?
  11.    #331  
    So ur saying it doesn't up youtube videos from a different site besides youtube? Send me a link to the site

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    No matter what I do, I keep getting this. I had originally installed via the quickinstall and I removed it from the quickinstall prior to performing this. Any feedback is appreciated.

Code:
    root@castle:/# quilt push enable-browser-downloads.patch
    quilt push enable-browser-downloads.patch
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/global_
    code.jsjsjs
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$page$/$page$-$sce$
    $ne$.$html$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$sources$.$json$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$chrome$.
    $js$
    $The$ $next$ $patch$ $would$ $create$ $the$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/
    $app$/$controllers$/$downloaddialog$-$assistant$.$js$,
    $which$ $already$ $exists$!  $Applying$ $it$ $anyway$.
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$downloa$
    $ddialog$-$assistant$.$js$
    $Patch$ $attempted$ $to$ $create$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$co$
    $ntrollers$/$downloaddialog$-$assistant$.$js$, $which$ $already$ $exists$.
    $Hunk$ #$1$ $FAILED$ $at$ $1$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$bro$
    $wser$/$app$/$controllers$/$downloaddialog$-$assistant$.$js$
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$controllers$/$urlbar$.
    $js$
    $The$ $next$ $patch$ $would$ $create$ $the$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/
    $app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$container$.$html$,
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$down$
    $load$-$container$.$html$
    $Patch$ $attempted$ $to$ $create$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$vi$
    $ews$/$download$/$download$-$container$.$html$, $which$ $already$ $exists$.
    $1$ $out$ $of$ $1$ $hunk$ $FAILED$ -- $rejects$ $in$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$bro$
    $wser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$container$.$html$
    $app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$popup$.$html$,
    $patching$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$down$
    $load$-$popup$.$html$
    $Patch$ $attempted$ $to$ $create$ $file$ $usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$vi$
    $ews$/$download$/$download$-$popup$.$html$, $which$ $already$ $exists$.
    $wser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$popup$.$html$
    $app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$,
    $load$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$
    $ews$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$, $which$ $already$ $exists$.
    $wser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$
    $Patch$ /$opt$/$src$/$patches$/$enable$-$browser$-$downloads$.$patch$ $does$ $not$ $apply$ ($enforce$ $wi$
    $th$ -$f$)
    $root$@$castle$:/#
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  13.    #333  
    u should read this thread more often
    u can either remove those files or enforce it with -f it wont do any harm since those are created files and will be overwritten with the same thing

quilt pop -a -f

!!!
  15.    #335  
    why is it doing that?? people should remove the patch before even trying to import the new one

Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    quilt pop -a -f

!!!

ya this will remove it but i still get the same error when trying to reapply...
    ya this will remove it but i still get the same error when trying to reapply...

Code:
    cd /
    quilt pop -a -f
    quilt applied
    quilt series
    post output please
    here is my output...
    root@castle:/# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt pop -a -f
    No patch removed
    root@castle:/# quilt applied
    No patches applied
    root@castle:/# quilt series
    patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    root@castle:/#
    and this is something i thought may be helpful...

root@castle:/# find -name *.patch
    ./opt/src/modifications/browser/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    ./opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    ./patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
  19.    #339  
    quilt pop the browser patch

okay just to let u know run these command

Code:
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html
    rm /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    $rm$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$popup$.$html$
    $rm$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$browser$/$app$/$views$/$download$/$download$-$stream$-$popup$.$html$
    then quilt push the patch and done

i love you! thanks a lot! it works... now one more issue lol... pdfs are not loading...they will download and when i try and open them i get the timer circle but it doesn't load... could be a seperate issue but i don't remember this happening b4 this patch
    thanks again!
    Last edited by mokash34; 08/25/2009 at 06:43 PM.