Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Thank you, wasn't sure.

I do wish the patch allowed the url to load when you hit no to download. This way I could quickly get the url for the clipboard. Used webos quickinstall, not sure how pure that patch is to this.
  2.    #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    Thank you, wasn't sure.

I do wish the patch allowed the url to load when you hit no to download. This way I could quickly get the url for the clipboard. Used webos quickinstall, not sure how pure that patch is to this.
    i am pretty sure that something like that could be done..like say it would go to the url/page and have the popup of either to stream, download or no come up...and then once u click no the url would be right on top for u to copy and paste

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4sale View Post
    The patch works better now, but i tried to open a .doc file and it prompted a download but docview couldn't locate it. The .doc file was in an email attachment if that matters any.
    okay i have fixed this and i will post up the updated version soon..and i have allowed for pdf files to open as well from an email attachment

EDIT: okay patch has been updated to allow the doc files and pdf's to open from an email attachment
    Last edited by fritos1406; 08/23/2009 at 08:16 AM.

4.    #224  
    okay i have done a couple of fixes..can someone who hasnt done so apply my patch and confirm that these new updates work..please and thank u!

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I tried to apply the new patch and there are some errors on it. I removed the original completely then tried to reapply and it errored out.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    i did mine too with the new updated second method but now i cant do the embeded phone numbers, if there is a phone number on a web page that i can click on, it does not do anything now, but my youtube still works... so i dont know what happened but i dont like loosing that feature so im going to have to remove.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    im trying to add the phone fix but i cant get the file open

i go into the directory then i type "open global_code.jsjsjs&$quot$; $but$ $it$ $says$

root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers# open global_code.jsjsjs
    sh: open: not found
    root@castle:/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers# open global_code.jsjsjs

im in putty any help would be great...
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    I tried to apply the new patch and there are some errors on it. I removed the original completely then tried to reapply and it errored out.
    Can you copy and paste on what the error looks like

9.    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by warguy View Post
    i did mine too with the new updated second method but now i cant do the embeded phone numbers, if there is a phone number on a web page that i can click on, it does not do anything now, but my youtube still works... so i dont know what happened but i dont like loosing that feature so im going to have to remove.
    Phone numbers should now work don't know why it hasn't for you. I just double checked on a pre besides mine

10.    #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by warguy View Post
    im trying to add the phone fix but i cant get the file open

i go into the directory then i type "open global_code.jsjsjs&$quot$; $but$ $it$ $says$

im in putty any help would be great...
    Open it do you mean ur gonna manually do it?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ya since it wasnt working for me i was going to try to do it manually, should i just delete the patch and try a fresh install?
  12.    #232  
    how far have u gotten with it..does it do all the other updates except phone numbers?
    did it apply successful?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    it did apply successful i thought at first when i tried it the first time i was in the root@castle:/var/home/root# etc... and i did the wget and it downloaded it into that folder but it didnt work, then i read some more and did the cd / to get tot root@castle only and got it all installed without anything wrong, and it does give me an option to stream or download to the phones download folder but the phone numbers still dont work, the stream or download thing pops up and it just wont open it after, now i tried to do the removal you showed us using and this is what it is saying

root@castle:/var/home/root# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt pop /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    No patch removed
    root@castle:/#
  14.    #234  
    okay 1st check if patch is there: quilt series
    if it aint there might be somewhere else but i have no idea where it could have gone

but if anything i can send u the original files and then u can start at downloading the patch again? would u like me to send u the original? just aim me at fritos1406@aim.com if u want them

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    okay 1st check if patch is there: quilt series
    if it aint there might be somewhere else but i have no idea where it could have gone

but if anything i can send u the original files and then u can start at downloading the patch again? would u like me to send u the original? just aim me at fritos1406@aim.com if u want them
    this is what quilt series said

warguy@castle:~$ sudo su -
    root@castle:/var/home/root# quilt series
    /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    root@castle:/var/home/root#

what does that mean?? sorry man i have been trying to read up on all this stuff cause i really want to learn how to do this stuff and actually understand it but im still a total newb
  16.    #236  
    does it let u quilt pop? no right?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ok man im trying to do it to my wifes pre and this is what has happened so far

root@castle:/var/home/root# cd /
    root@castle:/# wget http://filebin.ca/pkjohn/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    Connecting to filebin.ca (208.68.18.109:80)
    wget: can't open 'enable-browser-downloads.patch': Read-only file system
    root@castle:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    root@castle:/# wget http://filebin.ca/pkjohn/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    Connecting to filebin.ca (208.68.18.109:80)
    enable-browser-downl 100% |*******************************| 13954 --:--:-- ETA
    root@castle:/# quilt import enable-browser-downloads.patch
    -sh: quilt: not found

root@castle:/#

why did it do that???
  18.    #238  
    mount -o remount,rw /
    try that
    do u already have quilt installed on her pre?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    awww crap i forgot to install quilt on her pre, i did the same thing to mine, i didnt have quilt installed and i got to this same spot and then i installed quilt and everything installed fine, do you think that is the problem cause i did the download bfore i had quilt installed?? should i remove that downloaded file before i intall quilt?
  20.    #240  
    no its fine ull jus have to start on the next step