Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    root@castle:/# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt pop opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch

And here is what I get.

Patch opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch is not in series

So it seem that something is different.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  2.    #202  
    u dont have the patch installed then, so just import this new one

download it using wget then quilt import it

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    worked perfectly thankyou
  4.    #204  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    worked perfectly thankyou
    did u do the second method?

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    did u do the second method?
    grrr no i used the first and it applied correctly but then i saw that you added extra functionality that wasnt on git yet. I poped the git patch and did yours by method 2 but the patch wont apply::

root@castle:/# quilt push
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/global_code.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 2290.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/global_code.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 125 (offset 6 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 967 (offset -9 lines).
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 1014.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 1104.
    2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/page/page-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 18.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-popup.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    Patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

nothing that its trying to edit should be anything except the stock files... only other patches ive got applied are the more launcher pages, changed carrier string and battery percentage

EDIT: Just thought i would post some other info: my device was set to be read write and i removed the git patch RIGHT before trying to apply this one, the git patch removed successfully and i deleted the old patch and replaced it with the new. The patch doesnt seem to work for me :-\
    Last edited by Tag234; 08/22/2009 at 02:54 AM.
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    grrr no i used the first and it applied correctly but then i saw that you added extra functionality that wasnt on git yet. I poped the git patch and did yours by method 2 but the patch wont apply::

root@castle:/# quilt push
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/global_code.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 2290.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/global_code.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 125 (offset 6 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 967 (offset -9 lines).
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 1014.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 1104.
    2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/page-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-container.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/page/page-scene.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 18.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/sources.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/controllers/downloaddialog-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-popup.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/app/views/download/download-stream-popup.html
    Patch /opt/src/patches/enable-browser-downloads.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

nothing that its trying to edit should be anything except the stock files... only other patches ive got applied are the more launcher pages, changed carrier string and battery percentage

EDIT: Just thought i would post some other info: my device was set to be read write and i removed the git patch RIGHT before trying to apply this one, the git patch removed successfully and i deleted the old patch and replaced it with the new. The patch doesnt seem to work for me :-\
    sorry i kinda mest up and put the wrong one...right now my phone is rebooting it applied successfully so jus wait like a few minutes and ill update the how-to

7.    #207  
    okay the patch has now been updated in my how-to anybody can check for me if it works?

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    okay the patch has now been updated in my how-to anybody can check for me if it works?
    patch applied successfully this time, phone is rebooting now seems to have worked for me.

EDIT: Youtube works now
  9.    #209  
    yeah the last patch u applied was an old one but let me know if u can open phone numbers and youtube videos on the web

10.    #210  
    okay new updat just now...i got the google maps to open when visiting the google maps on the site, all u gotta do is apply the new updated patch on how-to
    Last edited by fritos1406; 08/22/2009 at 04:56 AM.

11.    #211  
    patch has now been updated so that google maps opens from the site..
    what else needs fixing?? anybody knows?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    When is this going on git?
    Wow, going to pull all my hair out. Still can't get the new version to install. One question is the patch in WebOS Quick Install the same one as here?

This may be causing the problems I am having in removing and installing the upgrade.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
    Wow, going to pull all my hair out. Still can't get the new version to install. One question is the patch in WebOS Quick Install the same one as here?

This may be causing the problems I am having in removing and installing the upgrade.
    nope this is new patch that i had just posted, it should work perfectly remove the patch using quick install if u got it from there then use my 2nd method!
    Last edited by fritos1406; 08/22/2009 at 07:40 PM.

15.    #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4sale View Post
    When is this going on git?
    well i dont have a key to update it on git..but as soon as someone does. then i will post up but they gotta let me know

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The patch works better now, but i tried to open a .doc file and it prompted a download but docview couldn't locate it. The .doc file was in an email attachment if that matters any.
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4sale View Post
    The patch works better now, but i tried to open a .doc file and it prompted a download but docview couldn't locate it. The .doc file was in an email attachment if that matters any.
    well ill see what i can do about that sometime tonight
    wait were documents viewable before?

I think I am going to have to give up on this one. I can use the method on WebOS Quick Install to add the patch (does not allow phone numbers to work correctly) and remove it but something must be left behind as I can't install the #2 patch or even the first.

Anyone else on here used the webOS method first then install the update on here?
    Wow, I thought the youtube app always loaded when you clicked on a youtube video on the web. IIRC that is why you could use the mobile youtube site instead of the app. Or, I guess you mean the previous versions of the patch prevented that from working?

Great patch btw. Very useful, especially in conjunction with internalz file manager app.
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    Wow, I thought the youtube app always loaded when you clicked on a youtube video on the web. IIRC that is why you could use the mobile youtube site instead of the app. Or, I guess you mean the previous versions of the patch prevented that from working?

Great patch btw. Very useful, especially in conjunction with internalz file manager app.

yeah ur guess is correct..previous versions of this patch did not allow for youtube app to open from the site