Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The effect is made of a transition of two images. All you have to do is edit/replace the two images.

Simply log into a rooted pre, sudo, and mount it as writeable.

Navigate to "/usr/palm/sysmgr/images"

The two images are penindicator.png and penindicator-ripple.png

Here is a picture of mine. I left it pretty stock, just made it green (My favority color, if you cant tell by the rest of my phone). On a side note, it took forever to snap a screenshot getting a nice pic of the tap ripple.

Nice, love How-tos
    nice, looks like i got some more graphics to modify!
    thanks
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Your welcome guys. Hit the thanks button if ya are digging it
    nice how to's keep up the good work. I couldn't get a picture with mine, I changed it to look darker....just be careful changing the shape, it made it seem off center which was weird when tapping!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I just made mine green to match the rest of the theme I am working on. I wanted to try a different pic but havent gotten to it yet. Thanks for the warning. Did you use the same image size?
    very nice
    I changed mine to look like this. Did delete the original file (I thought I had made a backup but didn't) so could some one give me the files; penindicator.png, penindicator-ripple.png, and quick_launch_stash.png. So if I want to in the future to change back. Thanks in advance!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    could any of you who changed it to green or blue or anything at all post your images!? these look awesome, but i'm too lazy to pirate download and install photoshop [again]. haha TIA!
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    could any of you who changed it to green or blue or anything at all post your images!? these look awesome, but i'm too lazy to pirate download and install photoshop [again]. haha TIA!
    I don't use photoshop, I use Macromedia Fireworks. It's allot better for my uses.
    Here are my images. I also edited the launcher wave a bit to. Oh, and can you give me a copy of the original file I don't have them anymore. (my last post)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - John Wayne
    Is this what you wanted?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Is this what you wanted?
    Yes, thanks allot!
    - John Wayne
    No problem!
    how about a step by step guide for us noobs out there.. thanks
    i second the step by step, i can do every thin else but change .png's
    Put your Pre into USB mode and make a folder called Backups. Then go back a folder (aka the main directory) and drag-drop the 2 edited files you want to change it to in it. So you have the edited file in the main directory and have a new folder called Backups with NOTHING in it.
    Then type the following in the terminal:
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/penindicator.png /media/internal/backups
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/penindicator-ripple.png /media/internal/backups
    cp /media/internal/penindicator-ripple.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/penindicator-ripple.png
    cp /media/internal/penindicator.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/penindicator.png
    ##DONE##
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    ##WAIT FOR REBOOT##
    - John Wayne
    Bery nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I changed mine to look like this. Did delete the original file (I thought I had made a backup but didn't) so could some one give me the files; penindicator.png, penindicator-ripple.png, and quick_launch_stash.png. So if I want to in the future to change back. Thanks in advance!
    How very Tron looking!
    How do you guys go about editing using paint.net? I keep messing up when trying to do the ripple. Icant get the color right. I was trying to make a blue one but just can't seem to get it.
    very nice. Something new to play with
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast