1.    #1  
    It seems that QuickInstall for the homebrew apps requires J1.6. And on Mac OSX the J1.6 update only runs on 64 bit intel macs. I've got a 32 bit intel macbook pro and can't join the fun of homebrew. Is it possible that the QuickInstall app could be ported to J1.5?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    SoyLatte - Port of BSD Java - 1.6 for 32bit macs
    I am having a similar problem--I'm on an even older system, Mac PowerBook, OS 10.4.11 with no intel. Does anyone know a way that I can join the fun, too? I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!
    I am having a similar problem--I'm on an even older system, Mac PowerBook, OS 10.4.11 with no intel. Does anyone know a way that I can join the fun, too? I appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If you can ask somebody that has the source code for the installer to recompile, it's an easy thing. They just need to add a flag for the target version of 1.5 on the command to compile it and it'll work with 1.5 and 1.6, unless they coded with 1.6 specific features.... which isn't too good anyway!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    (url removed cause I'm a newbie) - 1.6 for 32bit macs
    Thanks for the link. I downloaded it and read the instructions, but to be honest, it went over my head. I guess there isn't a MacOSX install app that would install and configure for me? Or maybe a more layman's version of the instructions? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    If you can ask somebody that has the source code for the installer to recompile, it's an easy thing. They just need to add a flag for the target version of 1.5 on the command to compile it and it'll work with 1.5 and 1.6, unless they coded with 1.6 specific features.... which isn't too good anyway!
    Yes, it does use a few 1.6 features. Back when I initially started development of WebOSQuickInstall, I figured since Java 1.6 is pretty standard, and Java 1.5 reaches end-of-life this October, Java 1.6 was best to use
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    i just downloaded and installed soylatte. i followed the instructions and 1.6 is showing up when i check it through my terminal. i still cannot open up the quick install. it opens and closes right back up