1.    #1  
    ok, so Im the guy that can muck around with mojo and get my app working great... just a simple rss feedusing a webview widget... but I can't figure out how to create the .ipk file for easy installation.

I installed the SDK and I got the emulator going... never actually used it though. I basically just created the app and jumped into my terminal through novacom and put my folder where I want it... then I refresh the apps and there's my working app...

I have found a couple of sites that offer some info on creating the ipk but I just can't seem to get it to work... can anyone offer me a step by step for dum dums way to do it? I'd really appreciate the help.
    Command Line Tools – webOSdev – Palm

palm-package is what you want.
  3.    #3  
    sorry, this is where I have the hard time... Do I use the palm-package command once I've used terminal to connect to my pre?
  4.    #4  
    I got this from the link you sent...

Quote Originally Posted by scotteatmon View Post
    These tools will run on any supported development platforms. To view a list of the tools installed on a Mac or Linux system (or Windows, with cygwin installed):

1. Open a terminal window.
    2. Type palm- and press the TAB key twice.
    When I pull up terminal, and do that, I get the following:

-bash: palm-: command not found

I have the Mojo SDK installed... This is on a mac.. am I missing something?
  5.    #5  
    ok... figured out how to see which tools were installed... none of the palm- tools are on the list... are they not automatically included in the mojo SDK install?

could it have something to do with me using snow leopard?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    If you are still having trouble. I posted this on another forum

This is for windows XP. I don't know if it works with Vista.

If using windows 7, type this in to your directory to use method one. Not sure if it works with Vista.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Packaging your app

So you want others to test your app right? The problem is, the app has to be in an .ipk format.

There are two easy ways to package your app as an .ipk. The first I discovered myself searching for my application.

For both ways you must do this first:
    Run your app on the emulator using the instructions above. This creates the .ipk file so you can put in on your pre. The problem is, this file likes to stay hidden.

Way One to find the file:

1. Open up "My Computer"
    2. Click the "C" Drive.
    3. Click "Documents and Settings"
    4. Click YOUR username.
    5. Look for the box at the top of the screen. It will say: "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME" (without quotes)
    Type in the following "\Local Settings" (without the quotes) at the end. It will now look like this
    "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings"
    You have to do this because the "Local Settings" is normally hidden.
    6. Press Enter
    7. Click the "Temp" folder.
    8. Find you .ipk file. (Your application name will be part of the .ipk name)
    Tip: Click "View" at the top, then "Arrange Icons By", then "Modified". Your application should be the last file.

Way Two:

1. Open up the start menu
    2. Click on "Search"
    3. Click "All files and folders"
    4. Type in ".ipk" in "All or Part of File Name"
    5. Click the arrow by "More Advanced Options"
    6. Check the box that says, "Search Hidden Files and Folders"
    7. Click "Search"
    8. Wait for your app to show up. You app name will be in the file name.

Once you have your .ipk file, you can now upload it so other members can use it.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for all that... and if anyone using windows is having this issue, Im sur this will be a huge help, but Im on OSX Snow Leopard. The problem I have is that the palm command line tools are not getting installed when I install the SDK for some reason.

Do you know of another way on mac to install the command line tools?

thanks
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Try reinstalling the SDK. Be sure to back up your apps first tho.
  9.    #9  
    hanks... tried that three times and no good
    The palm tools are installed in /opt/PalmSDK/Current by default. To access them from the command line you need to put /opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin in your PATH
    Do you know why now we have to enter the full path for palm-package after the upgrade to snow leopard? before i was just avail to type palm-package fine. Not i have to type:

/opt/PalmSDK/Current/bin/palm-install /Users/mac2/com.n_1.1.0_all.ipk