1.    #1  
    I got a warning today when installing Virtual Box. I have Windows XP 32 bit laptop. Anyone encountered this problem before? Should I do as the warning says and not install Virtual Box. I won't be able to root my Pre without it correct?

It's ok.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by oil View Post
    It's ok.
    Its OK as in I can install and it won't mess up my laptop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    Its OK as in I can install and it won't mess up my laptop?
    Some have had success & others, including me, had their hard drive killed. Make sure you have a good back-up first & proceed with caution.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerD View Post
    Some have had success & others, including me, had their hard drive killed. Make sure you have a good back-up first & proceed with caution.
    Um thanks. I think I will find another way based on that comment.
    It's fine. That's an old warning. How old is your laptop? This happened a ton when XP was first released. Google it. MS just didn't have their stamp (fee) of approval on virutalbox.
    I've tried with four different versions of virtual box and all of them have caused bsod and prevention of completing to boot my vista laptop. I have a feeling it has something to do with the drivers it installs.
    Annoying because its holding me back from learning to develop for the pre.
    Anyone else had similar probs?
    I'm also running kaspersky if that has anything to do with it.

Baldric
    Its more than Likely some other software conflicting w/ VBVBVB. $Actually$ $I$ $just$ $noticed$ $you$ $said$ $VISTA$. $Have$ $you$ $updated$! $service$ $pack$? $What$ $about$ $Java$?

As to Thetaman you should try updating windows and see if you have the latest service pack and driver files. That is a screen that popped up when the software designer had not passed the windows authentication process ie. paid microsoft their fees. It will install fine if you click continue anyway. This was a popup to protect the average xp user when installing software from a not trusted designer. VBVBVB $is$ $designed$ $by$ $SUN$ $MICROSYSTEMS$. $VERY$ $TRUSTED$!

Doug
  9.    #9  
    Well, I decided to chance it and did the install even with the warnings. Installed correctly, PC still working fine even after a restrart. *Knock on wood* I think I'm OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    I think I'm OK.
    Exactly like I said...
    Me too!!!