Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There are plenty of great themes out there, it would be great if someone could build us a theme manager which would allow for theme switching. Perhaps multiple profiles, which (down the line) could be set to changed based on time or location. aka a professional looking theme when ever im at work. it would also be nice if those profiles could manage ringers and roam only (i get great sprint coverage everywhere but my house ).
    +1
    Agreed. Sometimes my schedule is quite busy and to be able to have a "today theme" featuring upcoming appointments would be great. Other times, something goofy and laid back suits my needs.

I'd be willing to donate to anyone that could make this a reality.
    + 1k
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    App would be awesome...
    I'll donate for this
    Wouldn't this be relatively simple to do? I'm by no means a great WebOS programmer, i'm still just messing with the premade apps, but to just have a simple interface with theme selection, then when one is selected the needed files could be copied to their proper directory? Or is this not possible because it would have copy system files?
    I think you hit it on the head there. I've toyed with making one, but I haven't been able to figure out an elegant way of copying the files and backing up original files.

I'm fairly certain it would work as a desktop app that connected to your phone via SSH, but that's not as smooth as an on-device app
    The app should contain a back-up of the default images and all it would do is just copy over the modified images with the default in your phones filesystem. Unless there was a way to tell the phone to look in another folder for images, thus telling it to look into a user-made theme folder
    Just to add to my last post, i'm assuming it is possible to setup scripts to run (thinking of Switcharoo & the rotating wallpaper) so when a theme is selected in the app, it would run that 'installer' script, copying the files to where ever they belong &, if possible making a 'Default Theme' Backup. Not sure how it would handle images that aren't there however. If there's an icon for an app that isn't installed on the device. I'm sure there's others that would know of a way to work this out though.

Anyway, just trying to throw in my two cents =].
    I believe the switcharoo app uses the built-in services to do it. I know Pregame wrote a service, Prelease to actually run commands (like cp, mv etc), but I don't think you'd be able to install it with something like filecoaster.
    you could make a single .ipk file with the images postinst and prerm script. Then you can simply install and uninstall via my very very soon-to-be released WebOSQuick Instal (putting finishing touches on it today)

If anybody wanta to email me a zipfile of all the images and where they need to go on the device, I'mm make a sample .ipk
    jason@canuck-software.ca
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    I believe the switcharoo app uses the built-in services to do it. I know Pregame wrote a service, Prelease to actually run commands (like cp, mv etc), but I don't think you'd be able to install it with something like filecoaster.
    I agree with you here, I think this app would go a little too deeper than the average app is allowed to access. Therefore, it more than likely would require a linux accessed pre.

To be honest for me, this is the one thing I've found missing on the pre, the one app I want more than anything. I wouldn't hesitate to make a donation to someone who could really work this out.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Agreed. This would be a great app & I'd be more than willing to donate.
    i agree here too id donate as well

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    +1 but prefer not to have to donate, but probably would end up doing it.
    I'll talk with pregame and see if he doesn't mind the use of his service
    I'll talk with pregame and see if he doesn't mind the use of his service
    Or someone could post the images they want used and I could make a single .ipk file that would install/uninstall perfectly fine in the version of webos quick install I'll be releasing later today and then an on-device ap wouldn't be needed Just post a few images and I'll make a sample .ipk to show you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Or someone could post the images they want used and I could make a single .ipk file that would install/uninstall perfectly fine in the version of webos quick install I'll be releasing later today and then an on-device ap wouldn't be needed Just post a few images and I'll make a sample .ipk to show you guys
    haha figures now that I've actually started on an app using prelease. If that makes things easier for everyone though, I'll stop on this and return to my other projects
    haha figures now that I've actually started on an app using prelease. If that makes things easier for everyone though, I'll stop on this and return to my other projects
    If you're using a modified prelease service with its security issue fixed, feel free to continue. Up to you, I just thought I'd mention my alternate, didn't mean to dissuade you
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast