Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dog44 View Post
    You should let me upload themes,i have been working on a cool one for a while...
    sure, log out and back in again
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!
    ***UNINSTALL THEMES BEFORE INSTALLING NEW ONES!***

My Themes | Follow @PreThemer on Twitter!
    I hit the download button and all is working now
    Cool
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Well, the elf theme won't download as an ipk, so I'll have to wait anyway, I guess. I got the zip file but have no idea what I need to do with the two folders of stuff it gave me!

But I did upload some wallpapers!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    What's the deal with ipk files. Do uploaders have to create them or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    Well, the elf theme won't download as an ipk, so I'll have to wait anyway, I guess. I got the zip file but have no idea what I need to do with the two folders of stuff it gave me!
    For some reason I can't generate IPKs on demand for themes like I do with logos For the time being what I'll do is have a cron run in the background and generate the ipk once a theme is set online.

It means up to a minute delay, but it works. All themes should have their IPK now.

But I did upload some wallpapers!
    I saw, and used one

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    What's the deal with ipk files. Do uploaders have to create them or what?
    No, the site does the heavy lifting and generates the zip and ipk files. You just upload the images in their proper places.
    PreThemer - Palm Pre Themes, Wallpapers & Bootlogos - packaged for easy installation. Themers! Post your themes!

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Do we just uninstall to go back to the default theme?
    uninstalling an ipk deletes the files that it wrote, so uninstalling a theme via ipk will cause all of those images to be deleted rather than replaced with the default. (your pre probably won't boot anymore after this)
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    uninstalling an ipk deletes the files that it wrote, so uninstalling a theme via ipk will cause all of those images to be deleted rather than replaced with the default. (your pre probably won't boot anymore after this)
    As I understand it (and tested it in the emulator), that's not the case unless the app actually calls for deletions in the prerm script, which none of these themes do at the moment.

A big TODO for the ipks is to squirrel away original images, which then would be restored in the prerm.

For now, the only way to go back to stock is to use madolen's stock theme if you didn't back up your own original images: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...er-thread.html

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    can you make the zompre theme into an ipk
    im loving the website

<http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-wallpapers/197469-zompre-theme.html>
    if mrloserpunk is OK with it, sure

10. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Crap. I posted this in the wrong thread.
    Last edited by ird; 09/13/2009 at 08:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    can you get the ok from mrloserpunk, I tried to message him but I cant private message and nobodys been on the zompre post in a while
    just wondering progress of the app to change themes? the site is coming along great with new themes available by IPK. still waiting until i can switch back to stock though... which probably will come with your app id assume.

nice work man
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    just wondering progress of the app to change themes? the site is coming along great with new themes available by IPK. still waiting until i can switch back to stock though... which probably will come with your app id assume.

nice work man
    To uninstall a theme, use the stock ipk: com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk

Regarding the app, there's an expected announcement this week that will determine the status of the actual app

didnt know that the stock one was an IPK already.. nice. thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    To uninstall a theme, use the stock ipk: com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk

Regarding the app, there's an expected announcement this week that will determine the status of the actual app
    Before we can add these ipkgs to a feed in Preware, we will need to work out an uninstallation method which does not require the redistribution of Palm proprietary copyright files.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Before we can add these ipkgs to a feed in Preware, we will need to work out an uninstallation method which does not require the redistribution of Palm proprietary copyright files.

-- Rod
    I believe he was referencing the PreThemer app, not Preware. Also, uninstalling has already been taken care of.

Also, uninstalling has already been taken care of.
    So the com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk package does not contain any Palm files? I saw that it was 9.8MB and assumed that it contained the original Palm images. Is that an incorrect assumption? Apologies if it is.

I'd really like to help with a postinst script that saves the original files away somewhere on the device, so a prerm script can reinstate them without them needing to be redistributed ...

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 09/15/2009 at 08:54 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    So the com.prethemer.themes.default_1.1.0_all.ipk package does not contain any Palm files? I saw that it was 9.8MB and assumed that it contained the original Palm images. Is that an incorrect assumption? Apologies if it is.
    Never said it wasn't. What I said is that the uninstall process is already worked out and that the poster above was talking about the prethemer app and not preware.

I'd really like to help with a postinst script that saves the original files away somewhere on the device, so a prerm script can reinstate them without them needing to be redistributed ...

-- Rod
    As has been stated, that's already done.

As has been stated, that's already done.
    Excellent. Apologies for the misunderstanding on my part.

-- Rod
    not at all, apologies as well, been a stressful night.

With that said, all themes now backup current files on install. This does mean however that it'll go back to whatever you currently have (if it's not the stock theme, it'll go back to whatever you currently have installed).

Remember to uninstall themes before installing a new one (uninstall will remove the files and revert to the default theme). And as always if you need to go back to full stock, the link for that is above

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast