Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    This is wicked exciting. Especially since, I have been dying to theme my pre (i'd like to make a custom theme), but all the "how to root" tutorials aren't written such that I can understand (none even tell you when to plug your phone into the computer!). When it comes to linux I am a complete newbie, tho I do have ubuntu installed on my system. Keep up the good work! It's people like you that makes the Pre-thE phone.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    so...any updates on the manager?
    havent heard anything about it in a while
    anybody still working on it?
    Yes, I am still working on it. I'm also working on supplying a feed for Preware so themes can be installed via that as well
    good idea
    How long do you think this theme manager will be released?
    At least another week until the app is available in a crude form. The server-side of things is still being worked on. I'll make a post as soon as I have something
    I've got a few to work with, but would like some variety. Any theme makers out there mind if i use your themes for testing? Please shoot me a PM with a link to your themes and your email.
    Global Posts
    532 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    I've got a few to work with, but would like some variety. Any theme makers out there mind if i use your themes for testing? Please shoot me a PM with a link to your themes and your email.
    how things going? u set up an account 4 me?
    Hey nick,

not yet, still working on the innards of handling themes (since there's so many friggin pieces to it all). I'm going app-by-app, starting with phone
    so excited for this thanks!!
    i am more than willing to beta test, i am familiar with rooting, just want an easier solution than rooting
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I cant wait for this to come out
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    so hows this going?
    I'm actually at a BBQ now, but last night I played with Greg_roll's auto ipk method, didn't work. Site is almost done but hoped to give an installation method prior to the app being ready.

So I'll likely stick with ipk and zips being downloadable for now. Ipks will be installable via webos quickinstall. Once that point is reached, I'd say a week to a week and a half before a beta version of the app is a go.

Now back to burgers. Om nom nom
    any update? yep. you knew somebody was gonna ask sooner or later
    Sorry, I posted in the logos thread and didn't post here haha. I should just make a new thread at some point...

In any case, yes progress. The app isn't complete, but I've got the boot logos downloadable in IPK form: PreThemer // Bootlogos for the Palm Pre and WebOS

Not exactly the app yet, but any boot logo downloaded can be installed easily using WebOS Quickinstall. I hope to have the themes on the site doing the same by the end of the weekend so that I can start on the actual app to browse and manage all of this.
    oh cool. didnt know you were doing boot logo thing lol.. thanks for the heads up. +1 on new thread
    yeah I figured boot logos were a common theming thing as well. might as well make space for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Sorry, I posted in the logos thread and didn't post here haha. I should just make a new thread at some point...

In any case, yes progress. The app isn't complete, but I've got the boot logos downloadable in IPK form: PreThemer // Bootlogos for the Palm Pre and WebOS

Not exactly the app yet, but any boot logo downloaded can be installed easily using WebOS Quickinstall. I hope to have the themes on the site doing the same by the end of the weekend so that I can start on the actual app to browse and manage all of this.
    I tried to register for the site but never did get my email with the activation code.
    --Marvin
    Check your spam? It's done through Google's servers so there's usually no issue with deliverability.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast