Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Somewhere between last night and this morning, I lost the ability to use my Pre as a USB device or Media Sync. When I plug my phone into the Micro USB cord, it just starts charging the battery. It no longer asks me if I would like to Media Sync, USB, or Just Charge. It simply starts saying, battery charging. If I click on that, it doesn't give me the opportunity to click on it and turn it over to USB Drive.

Last night, I did the WebOS steps for deleting the Nascar app, the Sprint app, and changed the launcher to allow 4 x 4.

Does anyone have any ideas what I did or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

-Jai
    Revert to the backups you made before change to 4x4. The Nascar and Sprint app deletions shouldn't cause your problem.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I've lost mine too; I am out of town; took along a charger that charges a spare battery and Pre at the same time; I tought it might be from using a cable different from the one that came with my TouchStone. When I plug the cable into my laptop and Pre, it goes directly to charge; no option for USB drive. I have not done anything that I know of (no app deleting or anything) so I will be watching this thead to see if anyne else is having this problem.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I found that simply rebooting my computer made it re-recognize the USB ports and everything that was connected to it.
    i've noticed this too...i just reboot my laptop...
    I had issues with this initially because Novacomm overwrote the ability of my pre to connect as anything else. If you temporarily disable the novacomm drivers on your computer (seeing as how you are here, I assume you have them installed), that should fix the issue.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I've rebooted my PC, rebooted Pre, did not help; no USB. Could not find anything that looked like it would be the novacomm driver; guessing it's my cable. I just wanted to get some pics off my pre; I'll just wait until I get home and try my "offical" Pre Touchstone cable.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Does your computer recognize any other USB drive like a flash drive? That's what prompted me to believe it was an issue with my computer rather than my phone. I put a flash drive in and it didn't recognize it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Don't have any other drives with me to test; I'm using a rarely used laptop (it's only a year or so old). I'll check this out when I get home.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Update:

It was the cable I got with my Seidio Charger; when I got home from out of town, I used the cable that came with my TouchStone and the USB and Sync options appeared. When I switched back to the cable from the Seidio, my Pre when right to charging with no option.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My pre is doing the same thing and I'm using the official cable that came with it. All it does is charge. Anyone else have this problem with the official cable too?
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBucks1 View Post
    My pre is doing the same thing and I'm using the official cable that came with it. All it does is charge. Anyone else have this problem with the official cable too?
    It happens to me quite frequently, when using the USB drive mode on the Pre. As a matter of fact, I just had to reboot Windows a few minutes ago because it wouldn't give me the option to safely remove the Pre as a USB device after transferring files to it. Rebooting Windows fixes it every time.....