Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    How do you upgrade to a new version of a homebrew app?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    You install the updated version and the old version get's overwritten, unless specifically said so in the update. Their have been only a view that you had to delete the previous version of an application before updating to the new one.

A home brew app updater application would be nice, like the updater palm has for the phone but for home brew apps.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkolodz1 View Post
    You install the updated version and the old version get's overwritten, unless specifically said so in the update. Their have been only a view that you had to delete the previous version of an application before updating to the new one.

A home brew app updater application would be nice, like the updater palm has for the phone but for home brew apps.
    That would be nice, what about ones you pay for like the tethering and AHS, they will just let you know via email or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs230 View Post
    That would be nice, what about ones you pay for like the tethering and AHS, they will just let you know via email or something?
    That is entirely dependent on them.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    If it is just an .ipk install, all you have to do is delete the old app then install the new. Howeer, if it is a root install then you have to follow their instructions on how to upgrade.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    You don't have to pay for tethering. My Notification is the only one I had to delete in order to update.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    You don't have to pay for tethering. My Notification is the only one I had to delete in order to update.
    I had to pay $10 for my tether, but I didn't root so... I might have gotten ripped off, but it works so 10 bux is 10 bux.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttocs230 View Post
    I had to pay $10 for my tether, but I didn't root so... I might have gotten ripped off, but it works so 10 bux is 10 bux.
    MyTether 2.0 is a $10 "Donation" but MyTether 1.5 is free but has no ability to change Network name or set WPA Key, and when active connection is going make sure you keep tapping the screen cuz if it blackouts then you will have to re-istablish the connection

Now back on topic

Just use filecoaster to download the new version, In most cases it will just overwrite the previous app unless they changed names
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    If you use FileCoaster, then updating to the latest version is as simple as tapping Download to grab the new version. FileCoaster should handle the rest in the background.