1.    #1  
    aright so im an amateur programmer and i've been messing around coding an app. I cant seem to figure out how i make my project (app/images/stylesheets folders etc...) into an .ipk file so i can email it or up load it to web sites. im using eclipse with the mojo plugin... Im sure its something simple.
    I don't use Eclipse but if you have the SDK type the following on a command line:

palm-package <path/to/the/root/directory/of/your/project>
    Last edited by d00heden; 08/12/2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Brainfreeze, palm-generate -> palm-package, thanks to stickywhipit for noticing it
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I wrote this in another forum. There are two other ways that don't include the command line.

EDIT: This is for windows XP. I don't know if it works with Vista or 7. It doesn't appear so.

Double EDIT:

Type this in to your directory to use method one with Windows 7. Not sure if it works with Vista.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Link to full topic

Packaging your app

So you want others to test your app right? The problem is, the app has to be in an .ipk format.

There are two easy ways to package your app as an .ipk. The first I discovered myself searching for my application.

For both ways you must do this first:
    Run your app on the emulator using the instructions above. This creates the .ipk file so you can put in on your pre. The problem is, this file likes to stay hidden.

Way One to find the file:

1. Open up "My Computer"
    2. Click the "C" Drive.
    3. Click "Documents and Settings"
    4. Click YOUR username.
    5. Look for the box at the top of the screen. It will say: "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME" (without quotes)
    Type in the following "\Local Settings" (without the quotes) at the end. It will now look like this
    "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings"
    You have to do this because the "Local Settings" is normally hidden.
    6. Press Enter
    7. Click the "Temp" folder.
    8. Find you .ipk file. (Your application name will be part of the .ipk name)
    Tip: Click "View" at the top, then "Arrange Icons By", then "Modified". Your application should be the last file.

Way Two:

1. Open up the start menu
    2. Click on "Search"
    3. Click "All files and folders"
    4. Type in ".ipk" in "All or Part of File Name"
    5. Click the arrow by "More Advanced Options"
    6. Check the box that says, "Search Hidden Files and Folders"
    7. Click "Search"
    8. Wait for your app to show up. You app name will be in the file name.

Once you have your .ipk file, you can now upload it so other members can use it.
    Last edited by Tibfib; 08/12/2009 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    I don't use Eclipse but if you have the SDK type the following on a command line:

palm-generate <path/to/the/root/directory/of/your/project>
    no, no, no. use palm-package.bat <path/to/the/root/directory/of/your/project>

plam-generate is for creating a new app
    Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    no, no, no. use palm-package.bat <path/to/the/root/directory/of/your/project>

plam-generate is for creating a new app
    Oops... slipped on the keybord there...
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys found it...