Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hi all,
    i think i have read different comments here and there about this but never seen a thread or a direct question / answer about it. so here goes.........

through everybodies hackings, rooting, ranting, and plain old destruction, has anyone found out how to remove and replace the launcher icon so we could put a usefull icon there???? it makes no sense to have a waisted launcher icon when all you need to do is flick up the gesture area!!!

agreed? so if anyone can locate a hack to remove and replace i would really find that usefull..........

thanks,
    The Wams
    Launcher icon is built in, but I am currently working on adding another icon to the quicklauncher... thats how the more icons on a launcher page project started actually.. hah.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Launcher icon is built in, but I am currently working on adding another icon to the quicklauncher... thats how the more icons on a launcher page project started actually.. hah.

thanks DH let me know what you come up with. i checked out the extra icon thread and really like it, but i am NOT that advanced into the whole rooting thing. i wasw hoping you could come up with a easy copy / paste like the D2 how to's did!!! i can do them easy. if you do please advise!!!

thanks,
    The Wams
    If d2 wants to make a copy and paste version that's fine, but applying patches is also pretty easy.

Just open up terminal like you would to copy and paste a d2 how to, but instead, follow the directions on this this site:

Applying Patches - WebOS Internals
    You put in 3 commands to apply a patch, it's not hard at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]