Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    icons 4X4 is now an option in the Tweaks section for the new version of WebOS Quick Install!!! updated 8/29/09

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    Quote Originally Posted by steelshadow View Post
    icons 4X4 is now an option in the Tweaks section for the new version of WebOS Quick Install!!! updated 8/29/09

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html

The tweak worked good via WebOSquickinstall, It did make my Pre go off line till I rebooted. Everything works good, just need to know if there is an easy way to add a page?

Thanks for the quickinstall!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    The tweak worked good via WebOSquickinstall, It did make my Pre go off line till I rebooted. Everything works good, just need to know if there is an easy way to add a page?
    There's also a tweak to add launcher pages. Once you install the tweak, open up the launcher and use the drop down arrow at top left to add/delete pages.
    no i got that much.... but thanks..... when i hack in and copy and paste the code all i get are error messages.... hence i feel like i am missing a step
    I was wondering if someone could help me out?

Will anyone be kind enough to walk me through this process of applying patches? I have read the site as much as a could. I believe the problem I am having is that I don't understand what they are talking about. Its as if I am already supposed to understand what patching is. When to use it. Why to use it. What it does versus other methods. How to edit code.

I am an absolute student and love to learn. I learn things best with logic. I have a hard time remembering steps unless they make sense logically

I do have skype that might be quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhmassacre View Post
    patch launcher to allow more icons per row - webos internals

i posted it on the wiki, credits: Destinal.

I think its pretty cool, hopefully some of you will have use for it.

can u write how to do it step by step...?
    JAVI
    Attempting to update this for 1.2 but chunk #3 (@@ -439,7 +439,7 @@) fails. Forcing it will patch all correctly except that one line. Any ideas why?

Code:
    Index: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    ===================================================================
    --- .$orig$/$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    +++ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$app$/$controllers$/$launcher$-$assistant$.$js$
    @@ -$10$,$7$ +$10$,$7$ @@ $var$ $LauncherAssistant$ = $Class$.$create$({
     	 */
     	$kBottomFadeHeight$: $0$,

-	$kPageIndicatorSpacing$: $6$, 	/* $spacing$ $between$ $each$ $page$ $indicator$ */
    +	$kPageIndicatorSpacing$: $1$, 	/* $spacing$ $between$ $each$ $page$ $indicator$ */
     	$kPageMargin$: $10$, /* $10$ $pixel$ $margin$ $on$ $each$ $side$ $of$ $a$ $page$ */
     	$kTopMargin$: $12$,
     	$kPageWidthNoMargin$: $NaN$,
    @@ -$324$,$9$ +$324$,$9$ @@ $var$ $LauncherAssistant$ = $Class$.$create$({
     		$var$ $newAppDiv$ = $($newAppInfo$.$launchPointId$);
     		$Mojo$.$assert$($newAppDiv$ !== $undefined$, &$quot$;$Application$ (%$d$) $was$ $inserted$ $into$ $the$ $DOM$ $but$ $unable$ $to$ $be$ $retrieved$!&$quot$;, $newAppInfo$.$launchPointId$);
     		$if$ ($isNaN$($this$.$kAppWidth$) || $isNaN$($this$.$kAppHeight$)) {
    -			$this$.$kAppWidth$ = $newAppDiv$.$getWidth$();
    -			$this$.$kAppHeight$ = $newAppDiv$.$getHeight$();
    -			$this$.$kAppsPerRow$ = $Math$.$round$($this$.$kPageWidthNoMargin$ / $this$.$kAppWidth$);
    +			$this$.$kAppWidth$ = $64$;
    +			$this$.$kAppHeight$ = $90$;
    +			$this$.$kAppsPerRow$ = $5$;
     		}

$Mojo$.$listen$($newAppDiv$, $Mojo$.$Event$.$tap$, $this$.$onAppTapped$.$bindAsEventListener$($this$));
    @@ -$439$,$7$ +$439$,$7$ @@ $var$ $LauncherAssistant$ = $Class$.$create$({
     	/* $determines$ $the$ $position$ $of$ $an$ $app$ $element$ $at$ $appIndex$ $within$ $a$ $page$ */
     	$calculateAppPosition$: $function$($appIndex$) {
     		$return$ {
    -			$left$: ((($appIndex$ % $this$.$kAppsPerRow$) * $this$.$kAppWidth$) + $this$.$kPageMargin$),
    +			$left$: ((($appIndex$ % $this$.$kAppsPerRow$) * $this$.$kAppWidth$) - $18$),
     			$top$: ($Math$.$floor$($appIndex$/$this$.$kAppsPerRow$) * $this$.$kAppHeight$ + $this$.$kTopMargin$)
     		};
     	},
    $Index$: /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$launcher$.$css$
    ===================================================================
    --- .$orig$/$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$launcher$.$css$
    +++ /$usr$/$lib$/$luna$/$system$/$luna$-$applauncher$/$stylesheets$/$launcher$.$css$
    @@ -$121$,$7$ +$121$,$7$ @@ $body$.$palm$-$default$

.$launcher_page$ .$name$ {	
     	$position$:$absolute$;
    -	$top$: $68px$;
    +	$top$: $48px$;
         $width$:$100px$;
     	$height$: $34px$;
     	$max$-$height$: $34px$;
    @@ -$130$,$7$ +$130$,$7$ @@ $body$.$palm$-$default$
         $color$:$white$;
         $text$-$align$:$center$;
     	$font$-$weight$:$bold$;