Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Okay, to all the people wanting the patch made into an app, that will happen with time.

There is an app being developed... fully open source and open to the community called "Preware".

As of now, it is an on-device GUI installer that loads multiple application feeds and allows you to install/remove apps..and on startup of preware, it automatically checks for updates for each of your installed application, and if there are any, it will give you the option to install them.

In the future, this application will look for service dependencies when installing an app also.

In the future, it will support hopefully the installing of patches and will load them all from a repository, just like it loads the applications..

There is a wiki page on this app, here:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

And a discussion, here:
    Talk:Preware Design - WebOS Internals

Feel free to install it, give suggestions, and even help out coding if you are a programmer.

Talk of it mostly takes place in the webos-internals IRC chanel so make sure to join!
    Last edited by dhMassacre; 08/18/2009 at 10:07 PM.
    downloaded Preware, and launched it...now I'm on an "updating" screen and nothing seems to be happening. Is this normal for the first time running the app? It's been about ten minutes. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Okay, to all the people wanting the patch made into an app, that will happen with time.

There is an app being developed... fully open source and open to the community called "Preware".

As of now, it is an on-device GUI installer that loads multiple application feeds and allows you to install/remove apps..and on startup of preware, it automatically checks for updates for each of your installed application, and if there are any, it will give you the option to install them.

In the future, this application will look for service dependencies when installing an app also.

In the future, it will support the installing of patches and will load them all from a repository, just like it loads the applications..

There is a wiki page on this app, here:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

And a discussion, here:
    Talk:Preware Design - WebOS Internals

Feel free to install it, give suggestions, and even help out coding if you are a programmer.

Talk of it mostly takes place in the webos-internals IRC chanel so make sure to join!
    HELL YEAH! That's what I'm talking about! As much fun as its been scratching the surface of linux to root my Pre and do all these changes, I'm all for the option of convenience.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    I like your layout that is 4x4 per visible screen. Do you mind sharing your settings? Thanks
    I went off of the numbers posted here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1821439

The blue font comes from here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post1818370
    Dude! Can't wait for Preware, looks awesome
    Can someone upload the 4 icon patch to gitorious so I don't have to any work? Last time I patched my own files, my Pre had a bunch of errors, easy as the patching is.
    In launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.. $look$ $at$ $this$ $line$:

left: (((appIndex % this.kAppsPerRow) * this.kAppWidth) + this.kPageMargin),

Change this.kPageMargin.. should get you what you want
    I changed this line to:

Code:
    left: (((appIndex % this.kAppsPerRow) * this.kAppWidth) - 18),
    and changed this line: this.kAppWidth = 55;

to this:

Code:
    this.kAppWidth = 64;
    As you can see in the attached pic the margin is now very small and the icon spacing is a bit larger. I find it easier to tap the icons now. Moving icons in the 2nd and 4th column are still problematic, but I find the quicker I react to them glowing solves that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #68  
    I use 4 icons.. I like the look of it.

But yours looks nice, good work.
    I use 4 icons.. I like the look of it.

But yours looks nice, good work.
    I like the look of 4 per row too but I'm all about taking advantage of the screen real estate as much as possible while still having a positive experience in using the device. I probably would have gone to the 4 per row if I wasn't able to make the alterations to the 5 per row that I made.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The patch is attached, I can't change it on the git...i don't have the permissions.
    Not quite sure how it apply this file that i have downloaded? Can anyone please help me?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    this is what i get when i try to install patch:

root@castle:/opt/src# cd /opt/src/modifications
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# git pull
    Already up-to-date.
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# find /opt/src/modifications -name *.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/more_icons_per_row.patch
    /opt/src/modifications/more_icons_per_row.patch
    root@castle:/opt/src/modifications# cd /
    root@castle:/# quilt import /opt/src/modifications/luna/more_icons_per_row.patch
    Patch /opt/src/patches/more_icons_per_row.patch exists. Replace with -f.
    Last edited by Jpeso420; 08/22/2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: too long
  12.    #72  
    Jpeso420: you need to read up on quilt... you are entering a bunch of wrong commands, and it is obvious you don't know what you're doing.

-- Read up on the use of quilt, remember, this isn't that hard, but for some it might take some learning.
    I am in awe by what you guys are providing for the non-technical folks like me. While I am able to follow what you are creating, and can install these patches, I have no idea how it is you do what you do.

So, from this Pre owner to all you out there making this a phenomenal phone, THANK YOU!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I actually changed my "Sounds & Ringtones" app to just say "Sounds"
    Also took out the "Sprint" in "Sprint Navigation"

Helps text overlapping :P
    I can't for the life of me find where the Sporting News Pro Baseball is located so I can get into the appinfo.json files. Any ideas????
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeso420 View Post

Already up-to-date.
    root@castle:/# quilt import /opt/src/modifications/luna/more_icons_per_row.patch
    You did it just fine, it's just saying the patch already exists. Now run
    "quilt push" to make it active.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Jpeso420: you need to read up on quilt... you are entering a bunch of wrong commands, and it is obvious you don't know what you're doing.

-- Read up on the use of quilt, remember, this isn't that hard, but for some it might take some learning.
    You are correct in saying i dont know what im doing but i do know that i imported the patch correctly but when i try to quilt push all it says is that the topmost patch add onscreen keyboard needs to be refreshed but when i try to quilt diff then quilt refresh it says that there is nothing in add onscreen keyboard.patch ?
    well unless u have made changes to the files for that patch then of course there will be nothing...did u quilt add the files for that patch...once u have modified the desired files u must quilt refresh and then after the patch u are creating will be applied and made.

u can try deleting it if it doesnt have anything in it using: quilt delete
    Last edited by fritos1406; 08/23/2009 at 09:36 AM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpeso420 View Post

Already up-to-date.
    I get the samething. Now I did the onscreen keyboard just before this one, so when I do the quilt push -a, it just applies the onscreen keyboard and not this one.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what I was doing wrong....
    Last edited by mherald81; 08/27/2009 at 01:06 PM. Reason: No longer need assistance.
    i cant seem to get this to work i feel like im missing a step... does anyone have a step by step starting with novaterm??
    Quote Originally Posted by filmpunk View Post
    i cant seem to get this to work i feel like im missing a step... does anyone have a step by step starting with novaterm??
    I'm not sure what if anything you have been able to do but here are some easy to follow instructions:

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Please let me know if you have any issues following the procedure on this page. Or if you need assistance beyond the procedure.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast