Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    WOW!!..you guys are the best...Thank God you guys are on the side of good and not evil, or lots of people would have fallen victim to experienced hackers such as y'all (LOL..just kiddin). I now see that Palm executives were not kidding when they said that webOS was easy to manipulate/customise.. I just fell like this is a cat and mouse game where palm hid all the good stuffs in the root, and is up to guys like you to figure out how to unlock them.

because of you all, i now have a basic understanding of this phones inner system.

Thanks for everything!!!...
  2.    #22  
    @jrdejavux -
    I'm pretty sure...

@Dabigappledadon -
    If you're gonna thank anyone, let it be EVERYONE over at webos-internals..
    They have devoted so much time into making all this possible, I wouldn't understand ANY of this if it wasn't for them...
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Thanks, pages look much better this way.
    root@castle:/# quilt push -a
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/more_icons_per_row.patch
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 30.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 125.
    2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Patch /opt/src/patches/more_icons_per_row.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
    If anyone is getting this error, then just enforce the quilt push by typing "quilt push -f". I just tested it and it works for me despite the error. If I find any bugs or malfunctions then I'll be sure to delete this post and correct my error.

I also think it would be best to keep separate modifications into separate patches. I don't like the idea of including the "Add/remove launcher pages" mod in case the user doesn't wish for it specifically. It would remove this error and also it isn't that hard to just import the other patch. :\

I am, however, having trouble with selecting applications. I'm not sure if it is the hit space being smaller or a bug. It seems to affect the 2nd and 4th application in each row.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    If anyone is getting this error, then just enforce the quilt push by typing "quilt push -f". I just tested it and it works for me despite the error. If I find any bugs or malfunctions then I'll be sure to delete this post and correct my error.

I also think it would be best to keep separate modifications into separate patches. I don't like the idea of including the "Add/remove launcher pages" mod in case the user doesn't wish for it specifically. It would remove this error and also it isn't that hard to just import the other patch. :\

I am, however, having trouble with selecting applications. I'm not sure if it is the hit space being smaller or a bug. It seems to affect the 2nd and 4th application in each row.
    I agree. The patches for adding pages and changing the icon size/spacing should be kept separate. The wiki also isn't very clear that if you're getting the errors, removing the add/delete pages patch first will take care of them. Regardless, I would like to see them separate. Good work, though!

Has anybody come up with good sizes/spacing for 4 icons per row? 5 is a bit too packed for my taste, but I gave up on 4 after playing with it for a while. Mostly because names run together too much.
  6.    #26  
    I have removed the launcher page patch from this one...totally seperate now, thanks for the feedback..

EDIT: The changes are not yet up, I'll have the new patch up soon.
    Last edited by dhMassacre; 08/12/2009 at 12:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    I agree. The patches for adding pages and changing the icon size/spacing should be kept separate. The wiki also isn't very clear that if you're getting the errors, removing the add/delete pages patch first will take care of them. Regardless, I would like to see them separate. Good work, though!

Has anybody come up with good sizes/spacing for 4 icons per row? 5 is a bit too packed for my taste, but I gave up on 4 after playing with it for a while. Mostly because names run together too much.
    I did this patch and edited the files mentioned here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1819357

I adjusted them a bit and it seems to look good for me.
    Thinking about making the font just a tad bigger though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #28  
    I actually changed my "Sounds & Ringtones" app to just say "Sounds"
    Also took out the "Sprint" in "Sprint Navigation"

Helps text overlapping :P
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post

Good idea, just did the same basically.
    Can anyone comment on the finger friendliness of this? Seems like it would make tapping on the app a bit harder...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    thanks for seperating them,will give it another go when its up
    I have removed the launcher page patch from this one...totally seperate now, thanks for the feedback..

EDIT: The changes are not yet up, I'll have the new patch up soon.
    I'll be ready for this, I figured out my problem is I already have the ADD/DEL more page patch. SO thus is my problem.

When can we expect the new/separate patch? I'm ready and waiting!
  13.    #33  
    The patch is attached, I can't change it on the git...i don't have the permissions.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    thanks for seperating them,will give it another go when its up
    me too!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

How did you do this?
    How did you do this?
    Edit the title attribute of the appinfo.json file in the application's directory.
    The patch is attached, I can't change it on the git...i don't have the permissions.
    I downloaded and installed this patch because the other one came up with the same error as some of the others in this thread...and it made the icons and text all smaller, but still 3 apps to a line.
    Think I may have found a bug in the Pre's coding....

I made some changes and the icons were too close together and the names of them ran over each other. I looked over the code and found 'text-overflow: ellipsis;' I looked that up and found out that it only works for Internet Explorer. It is used to put ... at the end of a word that is more characters than allowed. Any thoughts on this?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegan99 View Post
    Edit the title attribute of the appinfo.json file in the application's directory.
    Could we get a little more detail on this? Can I do this with vi? If so, what filename in what exact directory?
    can i just copy and paste your single patch in putty?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast