Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I dont remember if it was stock or I added it on, but I had a world clock on my Instinct so that I could keep up with people I know in other time zones.

It would be nice if the Pre could get an app like this.
    What kind of world clock do you want? Just a couple of cities and their current time or something else?
    This would be great for travel. Some world clock apps (at least the ones that I likes and used) have major cities and their respective times. The thing I liked best is that they also showed the weather. The app even changed color for different hours (example: day would be white and night would be blue)
    I'll put it it the "project for rainy days" pile.
    I personally loved and relied heavily on the old PalmOS (Treo) World Clock. Would love to see this written for the Pre.

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    or a world clock that displays the earth continents with sun and darkness like :

http://www.worldtimezone.com/datetime.htm
    Last edited by aric; 08/14/2009 at 03:10 AM.
    It is in Classic.
    Laissez Faire
    Meh classic. I'd love one with Sydney time, I like the world clock on my ipod where you can set it up for multiple cities and view the clocks in a list.

will pay in cookies and donations if someone devs one like that!
    Yes, I really want this. It would make keeping track of international consultants so much easier. Come on Palm, the iPhone had this stock, and you're the one trying to compete with them.
    Surprised to see there was no world clock included on the pre. Have a kid in the military over seas and having a world clock makes it easy to know when I can call him. Would love to see somebody work on this.
    I can't believe it hasn't been bundled nor that no one's written one yet in Homebrew. I sorely need one for work when away from the desktop...
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d00heden View Post
    What kind of world clock do you want? Just a couple of cities and their current time or something else?
    For years, the defining world clock application has been GeoClock.
    GeoClock Home Page - shareware and updates for download, with maps, world time, clocks, sunlight, twilight, sun and moon.
    Has anyone here tried Teal Clock from the official App Catalog? It looks decent and the reviews are pretty good. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try it, I just hate having to pay without getting any trial period (something that was available with most of the old PalmOS apps).
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    I just put in a patch request to get a world clock and a more iPhone like clock, but I wonder if someone could make like Clock Remix. Like that Music Player that would add the extra features to the clock such as: World Clock, Timer, Stop Watch.
    Download AppScoop and try WorldClock (I can't submit links here yet)
    This Web site has world times for mobile phones: WorldTimeServer Mobile Edition
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Has anyone here tried Teal Clock from the official App Catalog? It looks decent and the reviews are pretty good. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna try it, I just hate having to pay without getting any trial period (something that was available with most of the old PalmOS apps).
    Unfortunately Palm still does not let the rest of the world use paid apps, so I can't try TealClock, although it was great under PalmOS.

Palm has said Europe will get Paid Apps in March, but no word on Canada yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by siliconiwi View Post
    Download AppScoop and try WorldClock (I can't submit links here yet)
    Can you begin a thread with details of your(?) new app, including features and screenshots?
    Mark A. Einersen
    Quote Originally Posted by aharmsworth View Post
    Unfortunately Palm still does not let the rest of the world use paid apps, so I can't try TealClock, although it was great under PalmOS.

Palm has said Europe will get Paid Apps in March, but no word on Canada yet.
    Maybe I'm all wet for suggesting this, but can you download/purchase a copy directly from the developer and install via webOS QI or Preware? Just thinking......

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    I too would like to see a world clock app identical to the program that came standard on my old 650 and Centro. Why didn't Palm pass this to the new phones?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast