1.    #1  
    I have an idea for a music downloading app, (similar to the amazon app but free) but i dont know how it would work. With filecoaster anyone can put the url of an mp3 download and it shows up in the music app. I would like to make an app that searches sites like mp3raid or others that allow free music downloads. The app could either display the url for copy/paste into filecoaster, or have its own downloader (similar to filecoaster). How would I get this done?
  2.    #2  
    Anyone?
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the link. I know how to put together a simple app, but i dont know how to request the info from any other site. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Do Ajax request to the sites you want to get data from (request the pages that give the direct link to download ) then parse the pages uses regex or something that you are comfortable with and have it in array so when users click on the item to download it pulls the url value of the song that you parsed earlier
    I'm guessing this isn't a great idea since music piracy isn't exactly legal... A homebrew music piracy app won't be a positive thing in palm's eyes
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderCup View Post
    I'm guessing this isn't a great idea since music piracy isn't exactly legal... A homebrew music piracy app won't be a positive thing in palm's eyes
    Thats why it would be a homebrew app lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Thats why it would be a homebrew app lol.
    Well I personally think that a music piracy app goes past the acceptable line for homebrew. Can't you just wait till you get to a computer to pirate? Or just copy the URL manually.. Lol
  9.    #9  
    You do bring up a good point and i dont want to make anything illegal. However, some sites offer streaming versions of the songs istead of downloads. Maybe the app could be a streaming mediaplayer instead of a downloader. I know that the music app does this, but its not the easiest to find.
    they have a simular app for the iphone. you type in a artist name and it would give you a list of songs available to download straight from your phone