1.    #1  
    I've been looking fir something from keeping me bored and when I had an iPod Touch, that was all I used to play, so can someone make a word warp game, please!
    Agree love this game. Hope someone makes this app.

*off topic* What was that super cool Texas Hold'em game that was on the Treos. It had a chat function and all. I'm asking so I can e-mail the developers to see if they can make it for the pre.
    I might tackle this one, while learning to use the local db. I'll get back to you.
    I've decided to tackle this. I'm calling it Word Whirl. It will be a close of Text Twist and similar games.

Most games I've seen like this have:
    - spaces up top for the words you need to make
    - 6 spaces for the letters to go
    - 6 letter buttons to enter words
    - Shuffle button
    - Enter Word button
    - Last Word button
    - Clear button
    - Count down timer
    - Increasing score for bigger words
    - Must get large word to move on to next level

I would think that a game would have levels that either have less time or increased difficulty or both. Final score is just a sum of all word scores that you completed.

I've created the word lists/games and tested loading the DB on the Pre. I got further than I expected. I'm storing the games in a DB, so I don't have to load all the data in memory to play. I can also track which games you have played and not load them again until you have played through the 1200 or so games.

I'm not sure how long this will take to build, but I hope to have a rough version in a week or so.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I've decided to tackle this. I'm calling it Word Whirl. It will be a close of Text Twist and similar games.

Most games I've seen like this have:
    - spaces up top for the words you need to make
    - 6 spaces for the letters to go
    - 6 letter buttons to enter words
    - Shuffle button
    - Enter Word button
    - Last Word button
    - Clear button
    - Count down timer
    - Increasing score for bigger words
    - Must get large word to move on to next level

I would think that a game would have levels that either have less time or increased difficulty or both. Final score is just a sum of all word scores that you completed.

I've created the word lists/games and tested loading the DB on the Pre. I got further than I expected. I'm storing the games in a DB, so I don't have to load all the data in memory to play. I can also track which games you have played and not load them again until you have played through the 1200 or so games.

I'm not sure how long this will take to build, but I hope to have a rough version in a week or so.
    Great, if you are going to accept limited testers, I would love to help.

Wish you the best of luck
    Sacher is the Man!

He reads this forum to see what people want and tries to make killer apps for them.

He made Dope Wars (the best game with Blocked on Pre) also after seeing it requested here!

cant wait for this one
  7.    #7  
    Oh cool, can't wait
    I thought I had moved past this game which had devoured so many countless hours of my life. I guess not; now GIMME!
    Just wanted to make an update for everyone. I have the letter selection functionality done. The animation is as good as I hoped. I've got the DB loading with word and game data. I'm working on the word display section. I will probably use a canvas for this, as the positioning is going to be tight to fit 60 words on the Pre screen.

It told me.
    Submitted a very Alpha version of Word Whirl to the App Gallery. I will update the new Homebrew thread when it is available.

Much work to be done, but I wanted to get some feedback on the playability of the UI that i designed for it.

It told me.

It told me.
  12.    #12  
    Everything is working fine sacher, maybe a timer or score points, but fine, thanks
    Great app!
    I like the fact that it's not timed, but I've seen games just like this that were timed and they were very fun. Perhaps the option to choose would be a good addition.
    Keep up the good work!