Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PreCentral is one of the most used sites regarding webos and the palm pre, however it functions as more than a simple forum. This forum is more powerful then most of us could ever imaging. In just two months THIS site has created more than triple the amount of apps palm originally released. We even have our own app gallery and an app created to download apps from this site. There is even a pretty good accessory store. I believe that we as a community can pull together an app that could possibly be one of the biggest apps the pre could ever have, a precentral app. What would be so great about it? Think about it. an app specifically designed for all things pre. How to's, you-tube videos, calendar integration with podcast dates, a much more organized and well designed feature equiped experience then the current mobile site. It could have the homebrew beta store built in which could possibly pull information such as if you have the latest version of an app etc. A news feed with things such as new articles, posts, apps etc with the ability for you to pick the amount shown in each of these categories. You could get notifications about PM's new apps, etc. all customizable similar to the way NFL mobile does there many notifications. a much cleaner forum experience and even a great resource center for ringtones, wallpapers and Linux codes. Easier access to the things you need!

Here's a rundown. (all photos are only mock ups)

Main Page

News Feed

(please note that forums would not be in the lower navigation pane. I recently changed the layout to have it on the top and forgot to remove it from the bottom. )

- Show new articles, apps, ringtones wallpapers, posts, upcoming events. User could specify the amount of items shown in each category, which categories were shown, and which categories will use notifications.

- Reviews, How to information and articles.

Resources

(most of the resource pages would be very similar to these. More coming soon.)

- Homebrew Beta Apps Store. Reviews of apps, new and recent apps display, categorized apps. Ability to send developers PM's straight from app store (not sure if thats possible now or not but could easily be in this app)

- Ringtones center. An area for everyone to upload ringtones and sounds in categories. (it would be good to make a minimum bit rate so we don't get a bunch of low quality ringtones.)

- Wallpapers center.

- Linux codes. (downloadable pdf"s? Not sure how to get this out there)

PreCentral Store

- PreCentrals accessory shop.

- Hope to have ability to save payment method, address etc like amazon app on iphone.

- more info tba

Forums

(not sure if this is possible. Layout would surely look different. I don't intend to have the developer use any special design elements for this, however not sure how it would look so i just created possible look.)

- Simple cleaner navigation and design.

- instead of posting images via url, you could search your images on device and put in an image. The image would be stored in your account albums (user specified album) and then the app can put the url into the post. (mail could work in same way) I believe this would be the only way for posting picture from the device to be possible, however with this method user would probably not even notice the difference.

- easy access to my threads and subscribed threads straight from forum main page.

- more to come.

Functionality etc.

- Post pics from pre into forums, mail etc! (now you would be able to easily send those screenshots right to precentral via pre!)

- send pm's with a more similar format to pre's mail system.

- Account settings and integration with calendar.

- Subscribe to threads

This project will require some skilled developers to integrate these features, functions, the design and the layout. If you are, or know a developer who might be interested please post in this thread. I have no knowledge of programing and am strictly a designer and creator. Together we can make something big!

I will continue to update these sections with more mock ups and feature ideas.
    Last edited by rexalbel; 08/12/2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Update

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Agree this will be great.

With the twitter feed and everything.
    Sorry for the double post, but this just striked me as being very important.

There should be reviews of homebrew apps and they should be located in this app. Also how about being able to add the live podcast events to your calendar (will help, I missed today because I forgot).

I'll be back with more imput.

We should really talk to the Precentral team about this idea.
    Nah, screw this... we just need a compass.
  5.    #5  
    ya that would be cool! I am searching through precentral full version and realixing so much is missing and could be added to an app over the next week I'll make more mock ups and an organization chart on how it should be organized. Keep up the ideas and hopefully we can get precentral to develop this!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Very nice mockup. That would be awesome to have and would sure beat having to scroll side to side, looks like I'm playing a game everytime I look at a web page.

Things are only getting better. Coming from Android, I am blown away at how fast the homebrew community is growing, and FileCoaster is absolutely a killer app!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Something like that is already made. I think its called GPS, it tells you if your facing N,S,E or W. Its not really a compass app but its close enough.

Please try to respect the thread

We can't forget to add the feature like the AP app has and that's the ability to send the news article to people via Email, Twitter or SMS.

Also something like a recent update section in the homebrew app section. I'm not really feeling the way the gallery is. It would be better if it was in order by name and have the ability to order by recent updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    LOL

Preferably one that works...

Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    BUMP!

Sorry I just really think this is a GREAT idea.
    +10000 This idea rocks.

Maybe we can team up with a bunch of folks and make this happen?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    bump +2
  12.    #12  
    I'm going to further work on the design and layout. I'm going to also gsther up everyones ideas so I can implement them in the outline. Hopefully when its all put together, we can get some developers and precentral to make this happen. All imput is incouraged!
    Wow! You guys are amazing! I love the Pre-Followers/Community! Makes me wanna go learn how to program!
    Quote Originally Posted by efaucett View Post
    Wow! You guys are amazing! I love the Pre-Followers/Community! Makes me wanna go learn how to program!
    Same here, I think I'm going to buy WebOS for Dummies.

The community is so mature and really love to help each other out.

Yea I think this should be a joint project.
  15.    #15  
    I have never been this ibvolved in a an online community. I did extensive research on this phone after buying an instinct and this site was amazing. When I finally got my pre, I started actively posting. I had made designs for all sorts of mobile ideas but never went public. Figured my designs and ideas where just tiny fish in a giant sea. When being on here I started talking with developers and now I'm doing designs. Only problem is since the os is still new, not all my designs are possible yet, so I've toned down on them, but for an app this big design is important. Could you imagine a facebook app with just the basic webos elements? This app would be a big one. It requires us, as a community to put in the ideas, and developers to to work together with precentral to make this app for all our needs. I will work on more design later. How is the design? We will deffinatly need some developers who can implement this
    I'm still learning javascript right now and I really wish I was more comfortable with it so I could start this. One of the developers will have to pick this up in a bit. Making this app would require allot of assistance and work on PreCentral's part. The news feed wouldn't be so hard but the updated apps and especially the PreCentral Store sections would be kinda difficult to get working. However, with all the talk already on this thread it really sounds like allot of people would donate for an app like this. I know that I would use this app seriously like 25 times a day and would most definitively be the most used app on my Pre.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I'm still learning javascript right now and I really wish I was more comfortable with it so I could start this. One of the developers will have to pick this up in a bit. Making this app would require allot of assistance and work on PreCentral's part. The news feed wouldn't be so hard but the updated apps and especially the PreCentral Store sections would be kinda difficult to get working. However, with all the talk already on this thread it really sounds like allot of people would donate for an app like this. I know that I would use this app seriously like 25 times a day and would most definitively be the most used app on my Pre.
    Same here, I can see me using this several times a day.

I don't think the store part will be that hard, since its running on the web. Now the app updates will because it will need some attention.

We are just waiting on a developer to stumble in here.

Maybe we can direct a precentral.net team member to this thread some how.
    Thanks for the PM Moe, your mockup look really sweet. I'm happy to work why any developer or team of developers who think they might be able to pull this app off - shoot me an email - dieter@precentral.net
    This app shouldn't be as hard as it seems, because all it is is an overlay for what already exists. even the design in the first post seems highly likely and easily implemented. remember its just a UI the app still needs internet access.

All that needs to be done is for PC or any developer that has knowledge of vbulletin to create a nice UI that calls the existing vbulletin php pages. The RSS feeds of the news page should be pretty straightforward.

as for homebrew, they already have that code as it is buil into filecoaster
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This app shouldn't be as hard as it seems, because all it is is an overlay for what already exists. even the design in the first post seems highly likely and easily implemented. remember its just a UI the app still needs internet access.

All that needs to be done is for PC or any developer that has knowledge of vbulletin to create a nice UI that calls the existing vbulletin php pages. The RSS feeds of the news page should be pretty straightforward.

as for homebrew, they already have that code as it is buil into filecoaster
    Nice, we just need a developer now.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast