Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Wonder how this is coming along
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Wonder how this is coming along
    Updates on the app are on twitter, just follow keenstudios.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I'm very excited about the idea of the precentral.net app I don't know where they are in the process but I think this would be a good layout for it
    here's my MOCKUP
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doc31; 09/12/2009 at 08:19 PM.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    looks nice doc, maybe you can help them.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    hay this looks cool and is really smart, but i am considering to have a competition on the best app for: music, games,and ect. With a minimum of 100 dollar prize, and the people of precentral choose the winner. If I host this would some of you donate money, to increase the jackpot?
    I guess this is not happening
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Any update on this app?
    Too bad...it seems like the idea died.

I hope some developer would reconsider creating an precentral app. Actually I wonder why smartphone experts just doesn't create one themselves...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    this would be awesome! As great as the mobile site is, its missing some features. For example I don't think you can create a thread from the mobile site.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I hope some developer would reconsider creating an precentral app. Actually I wonder why smartphone experts just doesn't create one themselves...
    Yeah I'm sure Jason could make one no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    this would be awesome! As great as the mobile site is, its missing some features. For example I don't think you can create a thread from the mobile site.
    You can create a new thread on the mobile site but its hard to find where the link at.
    I agree with mostly everyone for this. Basically all we need is the mobile site but with bigger and prettier links for a touchscreen phone and nice graphics. Guess its not that easy
    anything
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    After seeing the article about this on the PC homepage I figured this thread would be more up to date. Anyhow I'm shocked that an app hasn't been built by now. I've already planned on messing around with building a precentral native app just for learning purposes. I'm a long time PalmOS dev that's moving over to WebOS. I'd probably write something very basic looking yet functional to learn what I can then just open it up for whoever wants to polish it up and make it a decent app... PreGame maybe? So anyway that's where I am going with this.

- Phil -
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    After seeing the article about this on the PC homepage I figured this thread would be more up to date. Anyhow I'm shocked that an app hasn't been built by now. I've already planned on messing around with building a precentral native app just for learning purposes. I'm a long time PalmOS dev that's moving over to WebOS. I'd probably write something very basic looking yet functional to learn what I can then just open it up for whoever wants to polish it up and make it a decent app... PreGame maybe? So anyway that's where I am going with this.

- Phil -
    You are so right we should have some sort of app by now. Thank you for taking the initiative on this but before you start working on it please contact @keenstudios (twitter) if im not mistaking he started working on the app. If so then you can push and/or contribute to the project at one poing they were asking for developers
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Not only a great concept but fantastic work thus far. If in fact this would be possible, and I dont see why not, it would be huge.
    We have a Precentral app... kinda. Check it out:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ntral-app.html
    The problem i see with making this app the way users want it with the current form of the SDK is that Conversion from PHP to Javascript is near impossible. That's kind of like converting a spaceship into spaghetti. They're different things entirely.

PHP is a server-side programming language meaning that the code is parsed by the server. The end-user will never see PHP. Javascript on the other hand (in most cases) is a client-side programming language meaning that the server does not parse the code, but the end-user's browser does. Each language is used for different things and usually work hand-in-hand.

This is a problem with the forums, the frontpage can be done much more easily with rss feeds.. but the only way to find out if NEAR IMPOSSIBLE is Possible is to try. So with that said

whoever is Capable (has Extensive knowledge of PHP and Javascript) and really interested in this project contact me via private message. (i have very basic php skills and basic javascript so its not that i can help by way of programing). the details i am sure that i am not allowed to post on these forums.

Please only message me if you have any of the above requirements. even if not extensive .. but php Knowledge, i believe is a must for certain functions to work properly.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567