Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    This is a glorious glorious idea. I can't help with development in any way but I posted on twitter bout it hoping people will retweet and catch the attention of a possible developer to help.

" ATTN: #WebOS #PalmPre devs. Help @precentral community make dedicated app w/ forum, news, homebrew app capability http://tinyurl.com/kn796a "

Tweet that if you're on twitter and want to help raise awareness.
    id luv to see this app develope
    dieter@precentral.net , people! PreGame has agreed to lead development on this project - but the more input and help, the better!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    this is going to be awesome
    I guess you wont be doing any land nav with you Iphone!
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    okay not really a final, but heres a potential icon for the app.

Likes, dislikes etc
    this would be the perfect icon for this project
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    you should speak with Dieter about what you said - about asking him to make a post on this project. I'm sure if he agree to make a post this app project will become a reality
    Would be fine a favorites quick save too, i need it always to save my best links. . .
    Great proyect@ viva mexico.
    This would be a great app! I hope Palm and others are reading/listening and incorporate this. If they incorporate what we are asking for, it would be leaps and bounds above the competition. Imagine, a company that actually listens and responds to the customers!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    This is a great idea. I can't wait to see this app happen.
    Yay!! Cheers for Pregame
  12. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Looks nice, but if you can replace the phone app with one of your precentral app designs it would be better.
    Ok, I had a quick go at it (~10 min) in Photoshop. I think that instead of the card view, that it would be better to have the PreCentral page be fullscreen on the Pre, or else the page is just too small to be very recognizable. I'll give that a go tonight; I also think showing the Pre in landscape might be better (to make the PreCentral name bigger).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Q; 08/31/2009 at 04:02 PM.
    @Dieter & Pregame:
    I'd like to help. ^.^ I'm a long time coder, and javascript is a strong suit. I'm picking away at the WebOS API as I find time, but it doesn't seem that bad. In return for on-the-job training/practice i'd love to give what little freetime I have.

Pregame, have you ever worked with a team on an application before? If not, I actually have a little coding startup, and have some suggestions you may wish to consider in how you organize work on it.

Cheers all, looking forward to working with you. =]
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but vBulletin is a proprietary forum, and it has no API, which means creating an app for a vBulletin forum is nearly impossible. Which is why even the iPhone doesn't have any such apps.
    ugh. shoulda went with phpBB. There are always fun hacky ways of doing it, like reading the html and reparsing, or simply recoding parts of VBVBVB $as$ $needed$. $If$ $we$ $wanted$, $we$ $could$ $read$ $directly$ $from$ $the$ $MySQL$. $Regardless$, $something$ $can$ $be$ $cobbled$ $together$. $Thanks$ $for$ $the$ $news$ $though$. =]
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mateo2 View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but vBulletin is a proprietary forum, and it has no API, which means creating an app for a vBulletin forum is nearly impossible. Which is why even the iPhone doesn't have any such apps.
    Well, the app is in the works, we are working with what we have, still looking into vbvbvb $functionality$, $but$ $it$ $WILL$ $be$ $in$ $the$ $app$
    Quote Originally Posted by mateo2 View Post
    tu can acquire a vbulliten liscence which allows you to bypass all the liscences even removes the vBullitin tags from the bottom of the screen

And #2 this wouldn't do more than a mobile theme for VBVBVB
    And #3 even if all those where problems if you made it open source and a readily available hack for all VBVBVB $coomunities$ $they$ $would$ $allow$ $this$. $I$ $know$ $this$ $simply$ $for$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $I$ $have$ $modded$ $VB$ $boards$ $before$ $and$ $sent$ $my$ $mods$ $to$ $VB$ $for$ $distribution$ $and$ $all$ $where$ $accepted$. $And$ $those$ $I$ $modded$ $the$ $code$ $whereas$ $here$ $there$ $are$ $no$ $mods$ $to$ $the$ $actual$ $code$
  18.    #98  

Ok this is the direction I am going in for navigation. The cool thing is this will eliminate a lot of searching for features save screen space as you won't need so many menus on each section, and will be customizable at some point hopefully (move around the section icons, add sections that might not be on main page, add subscriptions and such.) How's this for navigation!

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post

Ok this is the direction I am going in for navigation. The cool thing is this will eliminate a lot of searching for features save screen space as you won't need so many menus on each section, and will be customizable at some point hopefully (move around the section icons, add sections that might not be on main page, add subscriptions and such.) How's this for navigation!
    i love it!!!!!! sweet
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    tu can acquire a vbulliten liscence which allows you to bypass all the liscences even removes the vBullitin tags from the bottom of the screen

And #2 this wouldn't do more than a mobile theme for VBVBVB
    And #3 even if all those where problems if you made it open source and a readily available hack for all VBVBVB $coomunities$ $they$ $would$ $allow$ $this$. $I$ $know$ $this$ $simply$ $for$ $the$ $fact$ $that$ $I$ $have$ $modded$ $VB$ $boards$ $before$ $and$ $sent$ $my$ $mods$ $to$ $VB$ $for$ $distribution$ $and$ $all$ $where$ $accepted$. $And$ $those$ $I$ $modded$ $the$ $code$ $whereas$ $here$ $there$ $are$ $no$ $mods$ $to$ $the$ $actual$ $code$
    Hmm, i don't know if we're talking about the same thing. i thought the point was to create an App that shows the Forum topics, threads, in a a list style. I'm pretty sure that's not possible, but I guess I could be wrong. if it is possibly i'd love to hear how.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast