Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    okay not really a final, but heres a potential icon for the app.

Likes, dislikes etc

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Looks nice, but if you can replace the phone app with one of your precentral app designs it would be better.
    I like the idea. I like using the full web version of Precentral so that you can click the thanks button. However, when you use the mobile version, it automatically quotes the previous thread so that readers know what you're referring to.

I know it would be hard, but could the developer add the ability quote a post, possibly by post # since we can't cut and past in the yet. The ability to not scroll left and right to see the post and the ability copy and quote posts by listing the post # in a thread, would be awesome.
  5.    #65  
    The way I have this designed is to have thanks button, quote and reply under every post just like the full site. (see on page 3)
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Looks nice, but if you can replace the phone app with one of your precentral app designs it would be better.
    you mean just design an icom from the ground up using looks from my precentral app?
    Originally posted by rexalbel:
    The way I have this designed is to have thanks button, quote and reply under every post just like the full site. (see on page 3)
    Great, but when you use the full website on the Precentral web site on the Pre, those buttons also there. Unfortunately, the current Pre WebOS doesn't allow us to copy and paste from a web page. So instead of being able to copy the quote, on your Pre, you have to re-type it. However on the mobile Precentral site, it automatically copies the previous text when you click reply. I'm hoping that your app will have that feature also (the auto copy quote into reply).
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    who is the developer for this application? is there one yet?
  9.    #69  
    still waiting but pregame is a possible developer. The way imagine this app to work is that there will be a quote button on each post, clicking that button will automatically post a reply with the quote. Think of it the same as the mobile site except its called quote. There will only be one reply button and it will be on the buttom of the screen and always onscreen. This reply button is just a simple reply to the thread. Also don't see a thank button on mobile site, but this app would have one.

Maybe we could have dieter write an article avout this to attract other developers?
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    you mean just design an icom from the ground up using looks from my precentral app?
    Yea like instead of showing the green phone card on the icon, try to add one of the designs for the precentral app.

If you can't do it, no problem because the icon is already nice.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    still waiting but pregame is a possible developer. The way imagine this app to work is that there will be a quote button on each post, clicking that button will automatically post a reply with the quote. Think of it the same as the mobile site except its called quote. There will only be one reply button and it will be on the buttom of the screen and always onscreen. This reply button is just a simple reply to the thread. Also don't see a thank button on mobile site, but this app would have one.

Maybe we could have dieter write an article avout this to attract other developers?
    I have an interest in making this app. Have you talked any to the mods at precentral about gaining acess to all the necessary info? I have read all your posts about the ui design and user experience but have you made any progress on the under workings of the application?
  12.    #72  
    so far dieter has been notified and will work with developers. His email is on the first page. I am not a developer and have no knowledge of code. % simply have a great idea and the ability to design. Pregame has also said he might work on this app. If any other developers want to work onthis email dieter and pm me so we can work out how it will function ect. Maybe we can organize in divisions or something or just work on different parts one at a time.
  13.    #73  
    Alright I know there hasn't been a lot of activity on this page as of yet. I have been pretty busy with school prep, but anyway there will be some pretty big changes to the design. Since I made pretty much every scene, I realized the organization fell apart and became too much. The trick to this app is going to be keeping it organized as there is so many things that will need to be implemented. As far as developers go, If you are interested in working on this please pm me. Let me know your guestamated skill level. We will need developers who can

- Implement designs that aren't basic mojo like (more customized look than most apps available)
    - know how to gather feeds ect needed.
    - Can organize the information into the app layout I have been working on as to keep it organized and feel right to the user.
    - Someone who can get the homebrew section running.
    - Someone who can get a wallpaper section going and ringtones.
    - in the future someone who can implement the ability to add patches and rooted apps without rooting (someone like the creator of webos quickinstall or someone with that kind of knowledge)
    - Anyone else who says the mocks and feels like they can make it happen!

Dieter has given the go ahead we just need developers. So let me know if your interested, what your skill level is and what of those things you can do, or anything else you can do which could help! All help is welcome and the more developers we get the easier it might be! I will keep a list of developers working on this on this forum and what they will be putting into this app. (if you really prefer not to be mentioned I will just put annonymas as your name). could be a while for the screens to all be up, but I am working on making the design and layout as user friendly, attractive, and intuitive as possible without overdoing it hopefully. I personally realy need a developer who is very skilled in implementing different designs into an app so I know how far I can go with the design

14.    #74  
    While I wait for developers to pick up on this, I am working hard at the new design, It's not a complete overall or anything, but it feels more official to me and seems like it would be a winner. before I started working on the revamped designs, I decided to do a hiarchy chart to make sure i had the navigation just right. I want to give you guys a preview of the new design direction. the design will mostly affect the top of the screen and will add a frame.

I really hope this develops into an app. In the perfect senario, I think the functionality of a Precentral app + Filecoaster could be a very exciting application...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The designs are looking great.
    Any more news?
  18.    #78  
    No ones pmd me! Think I might ask dieter to write an article to atract developers.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I've always thought that a PreCentral App would be awesome! Your designs look wonderful! I hope it gets developed soon! I can't believe the developers of TreoCentral and PreCentral haven't already made it! Next to fileCoaster this should have been one of the first apps!
    that's nice!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast