Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Dude I'm right there with you. I wish I was able to develop. I'm going to buy WebOS for dummies now, since the Pre community is so great.
  2.    #42  
    I'm going to try again once things settle down over here. Plus when windows 7 is more widely supported. Couldn't seem to run command lines when I was doing the tutorial, though I honestly can't see how the tutoral helps. I like to know WHAT I'm pasting and what each thing means not just copying and pasting and there ya go! Not gonna help me know what I'm doing ya know? Anyway designing for apps is the next best thing. I have the ideas and designs, just need developers. I have a few other ideas after this one that I will post designs for later. This will I'm sure be a huge project. So big we have to make sure its done right! I think it should definitely take advantage of some of the pres cool api's (shake for instance) but first comes layout design main features and whatnot. Though somone mentioned a really cool idea for app navigation that I'd kinda like to see if a developer can take on as a project while we wait for this app team to get organized. It was like a spinwheel. Now I'm not sure if they meant something simple like the scrollbox dropdowns or whatnot, but I'm wondering if a developer could make a dummy app with the sole task to be able to double tap in a page and bring up a menu with icons links etc. We could use this to avoid having so much on screen. I could then come up with a design to make it feel innovative. Its only a thought since it could be a little while before this project is started and could be cool for other apps like this to take advantage of if someone can get that figured out. I can't imagine it being impossible because google maps has something similar. Would just have to have it call the event from double tapping instead of clicking a button.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I'm really excited about this! I don't have time to get involved in development, yet would be happy to help out with beta testing (and would definitely make a donation).
    I'm pretty sure you can tap on something and be provided with menus/options. I say this because Tweed and a few other apps have this.
    Bump!

Don't want this thread to die lol
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    So is Dieter game for this? I would think so...
  7.    #47  
    First page indicates so. I don't think it'll die. I hope not, I have spent several hours planning and designing, would be disapointed if it was all for nothing
  8.    #48  
    ok so up until now, the design for this app didn't seem too complex. However....... While working on the forums, one of the problems I notice on here is lack of functions and having to click tiny links. So... The design for the threads is alittle... More complex. I put some smaller versions of the glass webos buttons (like in the spades app) on the left of each post with the quote, report and thank buttons. On the buttom menu there are the search button, favs (basically subscriptions and new) and reply. Now in the version I am working on now, there is a home button and menu button which would open advanced options, however if I don't find any I won't add the menu button and will make it an add to subscriptions button. Also thinkin about putting the home button in the favs menu unless you guys think home is important enough to be on screen all the time. I want to make navigation as easy as possible so let me know. (home takes you back to main forums page.) anyway the design of the posts might be out of reach, however if not... its almost like a beefed up variation of the way the messenger app looks. Except there's buttons on the side. Might move things around. Sorry, can't post picks though, I'm on my pre and don't have internet on my laptop right now. (that is why I am not sure what advanced options the threads have. Don't have highspeed ev here either so scrolling around full site would be a pain.) I'll just kinda play with the layout and design. Also the more scenes I create the easier its becoming to see how navigation should work. In order to not have to redo each scene a bunch of times, I won't be uploading as many pics. But I will post the threads scene tomarrow just to see how much of that is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    So is Dieter game for this? I would think so...
    Check page one. He is willing to support this and the developer. We need someone to take on this project, but in the mean time we can get the design flowing.

I think with a design up, it will make the developers job a bit easier.

About the home button (main forums menu), its important. The drop down menu for forums doesn't provide you with every area of the forums, thus making you have to go to the main forum menu.
  10.    #50  
    ok sounds good that's what I thought. I want easy access to everything. I made 3 different designs for the forum threads now. One with the buttons to the side and two with them on the buttom of the post. I'm aiming for the one with the ones on the buttom withe the nicer design. What I'll do is just post the three posts, not the actual scene.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    This is a great idea
    it be a neat thing to have a notification for when u get pm'd or when someone reply's to your post. like said it would be kinda like the text message app when u get a new message the notification would pop up..would be so awesome if it has sound and vibrate as well

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    it be a neat thing to have a notification for when u get pm'd or when someone reply's to your post. like said it would be kinda like the text message app when u get a new message the notification would pop up..would be so awesome if it has sound and vibrate as well
    Even better!
    I for the first time, ran the Today Show app and loved how they have audio feed on it. This has me thinking we can implement the podcast into the app (in the distant future).

The App will run off of Precentral's data, show there shouldn't be a need to update every time there is a new podcast.

I don't know but judging from the Today Show app, this is do able in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    +1
    if it can be done id say it be an awesome app compared to all the others might evn stand out on top

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
  17.    #57  
    Ok not posting this on main thread post until I get feedback so here is main thread page. Really need feedback from both the users, and developers especially.

Note: I know not all things are perfectly alighned, this isn't a final product)

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
  18.    #59  
    What i am going for in this app is the webos look with some modifications to push it alittle further and make the app unique. The thread design is inspired by the default messenger app with a some additions. I added a bubble inside the bubble and used the fade in bubble as a frame. Since Precentral the site kinda draws in design from webos I wanted to do that too while giving it a fresh new look. I think what Ill do for quicker navigation is design a pop up menu which can be linked to the precentral logo. the design of the pop up will depend on the developoer, but I want to make it special as I may use a few of these in the app to relieve clutter. We'll see. Wont be posting any more pics untill i have done almost all design scenes so i can get a more finalized idea of how navigation should work.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    I think it looks really good.

Will make viewing precentral's forums easier on the go.

I hope Pregame takes a crack at this when he has time.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast