Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    great idea guys, wish i could help
    +1
  2.    #22  
    Ok working on forum design and layout. I'm trying to decide how the main forums page should work.

Since I am only doing the design, I want to make sure my ideas aren't going to be a problem and what would work best.

first of all. I decided to move the forums section the the main menu bar and replaced mail. Mail will now be accesible through the new profile section. (icon on top of app)

Heres how I have it.

Search bar
    dropdown (search in title only, search all, search exact)

Todays Posts
    Subscribed Posts
    My Threads
    Device and accessories
    -palm pre
    -Palm pre tips, information and resources
    ..... you get the picture all the rest of the forums and subfolders.
    main forums (ie device and accessories), my threads, and subscriptions will be a handle, which can be clicked to open and close a drawer. The drawer would contain all the subforums, subscribed threads, and threads you started.

How does this sound so far?

any suggestions?

Will have more mock ups done soon.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Search bar
    dropdown (search in title only, search all, search exact)
    I was thinking, since this is an app, to save some space (and not have to scroll all the way up to get to search) would it be possible to have a search icon in a bottom corner and that icon pulls up a small third screen menu with a search bar, dropdown, and enter button. could i put the enter button at the far end of the search bar? or would it have to be a seperate button. I am trying to not make the app look cluttered. and look professional. I could just make the search page a whole other page, but I think the popup half page would run smoother and quicker. Other platform apps (android, mobile osx) use search similar to this.

Again let me know

4.    #24  
    Sorry to keep posting working on design for search results/new posts/etc. (basically design for thread lists)

In the current mobile version it's set up like this

Title
    (# replies: 1 2 3 l newest post)
    Posted in Title of forum
    Last Post: Date time by poster >>

First off, when pulling data, does it all need to be just like this? can the layout of these bits of info change? Also what of these do you really prefer to see? I'm trying to figure out a better way of organizing it so it looks more professional, however I don't want to make it a living nightmare for the developer either.

Maybe something like this

Forum Name (when not in specific forum if possible)
    Title

Basically the forum name if you are not searching through a specific forum, then the title on the next line, then a line. Under the line would be the number of replies, a separator and then the last post date, time, and by whom. I eliminated the page numbers and newest post as I know I have a hard time hitting them, and so might all of you. The newest post button can be replaced with the last post info as the link (pressing the last post information would take you to newest post)

If you really think first three pages is needed in the text field let me know I will not be including them in the design unless you all decide otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I was thinking, since this is an app, to save some space (and not have to scroll all the way up to get to search) would it be possible to have a search icon in a bottom corner and that icon pulls up a small third screen menu with a search bar, dropdown, and enter button. could i put the enter button at the far end of the search bar? or would it have to be a seperate button. I am trying to not make the app look cluttered. and look professional. I could just make the search page a whole other page, but I think the popup half page would run smoother and quicker. Other platform apps (android, mobile osx) use search similar to this.

Again let me know
    I think that's a good question for the potential developer. It will make it less cluttered but the question is can it be done.

I think I should PM the developer that did filecoaster
    PM'd him
  7.    #27  
    Ok i just updated the thread with new pics and changed it up some. New pics are of forum elements. Will have more soon, but am done for the night

Hopefully the developer from filecoaster will work with us. That would help out alot with the app store part.

I love the designs.
  9.    #29  
    Thanks. They are taking time, but eventually I'll have every screen scenerio.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I am currently working on another paid project but should be done in a couple days. I will speak with Dieter on the specifics about this.

Note that this application WILL take time as there will need to be customizations done to precentral.net in order to do this.
    Make sure to keep room for some ads since that is how this site stays afloat. I know people hate ads but sometimes they are a necessary evil.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I would really love this.

And PreGame might be able to make this also hook right into the Homebrew Apps?

- Craig
  13.    #33  
    I'll look into how myspace and facebook apps handle adds. The current mobile site has no adds though maybe adds in the store section?
    Ads are fine as long as they are done tastefully.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Great idea rexalbel! I guess I should finish one project before getting involved in another If only I didn't need to sleep...
  16.    #36  
    Lol your doing great! Can't wait to get my design onto your app! Anyway the whole sleep thing catches up
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I am currently working on another paid project but should be done in a couple days. I will speak with Dieter on the specifics about this.

Note that this application WILL take time as there will need to be customizations done to precentral.net in order to do this.
    Lucky us, that the idea has the support from Precentral.net

See Dieter post on page 1
  18.    #38  
    Yup! I'm stoked that this is even becoming a posibility!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Loving what i'm seeing and reading...I can't wait! Man I wish I knew programming!!
  20.    #40  
    Believe me, me too! Not as easy designing for something when you don't.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast