Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Alright I've been searching for this with no luck. I already rooted my pre and enabled adding pages to the launcher. I currently have seven pages. Most of them have exactly 9 apps. I don't like scrolling down to have to see more, thus the added pages.

My question is, I want to have more than 9 apps fit on a page (without scrolling). Why are we limited to 3x3? Why not 4x4? Or 5x5? The quicklaunch bar is 5 across, why not the launcher? Could anyone develop or research a way to do this?

I achieved it.. but I personally don't really like how it looks.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I love it...how did you get it to look like that?
    Opened up /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

Went to the 20th line which originally had:
    Code:
    kPageMargin: 10,
    And changed it to
    Code:
    kPageMargin: 0,
    Then I went down to the 402nd linewhich originally had:
    Code:
    this.kAppWidth = newAppDiv.getWidth();
    And Changed it to
    Code:
    this.kAppWidth = 75

The bigger that number is (75) the less ammount of apps you'll fit on the page....
    I'm gonna work on changing the icon's on the launcher's sizes so it looks nicer..
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Just made the changes with vi, and taking it out of dev mode to restart. Here we go...
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    It worked! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    I'm gonna work on changing the icon's on the launcher's sizes so it looks nicer..
    But on a full page I can see what you meant about the icons need to shrink just a bit, it does seem crowded. I'm still gonna leave it like this for a while.
    it worked, thanks a lot!
    The only problem i can see with this is not even the icon size.. but it's their text underneath them... if the text is too long, it will overlap with the text of the icon next to it...

I'm keeping it this way though, hopefully there will be a fix for the minor details.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Any other Pre gurus out there know a way to slightly shrink the icons and/or text on the launcher?
    Yup, me and destinal got it working, I'll post a wiki page in a minute.

EDIT: Okay, I edited mine so my icons are pretty small, along with my text.. so I am just going to post the values for that, and explain what each value does..

That's how mine looks, but the icon size, font size, and apps per row are all TOTALLY changeable.

I'll post back with a wiki link.
    Last edited by dhMassacre; 08/11/2009 at 01:37 PM.
    good start, but definitely some graphical glitches going on.

- text of multiple icons butting up against each other
    - margin on the right side isn't equal to the left so the icons are closer
    - the page indicators at the bottom right are partially off the screen

like the concept tho
    I'm working on wrapping text, along with fixing the margins, this was a super-quick job, so sloppy...

Page indicators problem is fixed.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I was playing with that a few minutes ago, before I even saw this thread. Just browsing the wiki . I think it looks great with 4 icons per row, except I don't know how to change the left margin. The other problem is that some of the longer app names (Sprint Navigation, for example) run into each other unless the font is set ridiculously small.

BTW dhMassacre, thanks for the wiki page, you might want to add on there that you can set the number of apps per row in 2 ways: changing the kAppWidth value is good for getting the spacing right, but you can set this.kAppsPerRow to 4 or 5, as you prefer, to be able to use smaller spacing without overcrowding the row.
    Does that make sense?
    I.e., change this:
    this.kAppsPerRow = Math.round(this.kPageWidthNoMargin / this.kAppWidth);
    to this:
    this.kAppsPerRow = 4;

in addition to setting the kAppWidth in launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    This is awesome! I guess its true, ask and ye shall receive!

Thanks to all!
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    This is awesome! I guess its true, ask and ye shall receive!

Thanks to all!
    lol, was just browsing, and this seemed like something i could actually doo..
    This really helps me out with organizing my apps. They are much more organized and easier to use. THANKS EVERYONE!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne

There's my final result, its beast IMO
    Fixed the margin, also fixed the page indicators...

None of my text overlaps, but I'm sure if I put the ones with the longest names together, it would.. so I just have text wrapping to work on....

I'll explain to someone exactly what edits I did to get it where it is if they want to edit the wiki page for me..
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    stupid question, but how do edit the text in putty?
    vi filename will bring you into a text editor.
    i prefer enabling sftp access and editing it with winscp's editor, on windows.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vixijo View Post
    stupid question, but how do edit the text in putty?
    Read up on vi here:

Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast