Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Just use web os quick install, the tweaks option makes it all rediculously easy
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    After playing with it a bit, here are the settings I decided look the best to me. Of course this is my personal preference; please everyone tinker with it and see what you like!

vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 2,
    LINE 20 ---- kPageMargin: 0,
    LINE 402 --- this.kAppWidth = 75
    LINE 404 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;

vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

LINE 128 --- font-size: 12px;
    LINE 151 --- width:56px;
    LINE 152 --- height:56px;

And here is some screenshots...
    For future reference, since this was before the 1.1 patch, and because webosinternals does not give a patch for the 4X4 arrangement, to get a standard 4X4 only 4 lines need be changed.

vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 2,
    LINE 20 ---- kPageMargin: 0,
    LINE 385 --- this.kAppWidth = 75
    LINE 387 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;

Only those last two lines changed. I did not need to edit the css in order to have nice purty icons :P
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    Just use web os quick install, the tweaks option makes it all rediculously easy
    Thanks for mentioning again. I looked at it a couple times and finally read it in detail again. I am downloading it now. I had some concerns about already having done some other stuff but I think it'll be ok.

No one ever responded to a prior question about whether already having PreBrew would pose any problem. I am just gonna try it.

I can probably answer that question soon myself....
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    In preparation for WebOS 1.2 I have been removing all of my patches. I have unchecked the 4x4 icons in a row in the quick install tweak screen and run the quilt uninstall. The patch is no longer showing up when I check quilt applied, but I still have 5 icons in a row. How do I get rid of this. I would rather have the 4x4 but I cant get rid of the five.
    that screen looks amazing with the 5x5 icons on it!! Major props. But for the less savy, there's an easy way to get 4x4. Quick launch install. Just go tools, tweaks, and there's an option for 4x4. Like I said tho, 5x5 looks nice. I'm jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    In preparation for WebOS 1.2 I have been removing all of my patches. I have unchecked the 4x4 icons in a row in the quick install tweak screen and run the quilt uninstall. The patch is no longer showing up when I check quilt applied, but I still have 5 icons in a row. How do I get rid of this. I would rather have the 4x4 but I cant get rid of the five.
    If you applied it using quilt then if you followed the instructions to remove all patches then it should be gone. You will have to reboot in order for the changes to take place.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I tried that. Even went back and checked that there were no patches applied using "quilt applied". Nothing. But I still have five icons. I may just drop the webOS Dr before the next update and start over with the tweak in quick install. I have rebooted several times since uninstalling. No joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    I tried that. Even went back and checked that there were no patches applied using "quilt applied". Nothing. But I still have five icons. I may just drop the webOS Dr before the next update and start over with the tweak in quick install. I have rebooted several times since uninstalling. No joy.
    You don't need to run the doctor you can extract the one file from it and copy it to the pre and overwrite the existing launcher file. It sounds like the code wasn't applied correctly or was different somehow and so quilt isn't removing the code perhaps because of differences just like when it tries to apply and finds the code different. I don't know enough detail of what you have done to know why it didn't get removed.
    Ok

I know most of you are gona say : if u dont know how then dont do it " but im not a ****** ive been tweaking with WM device for years so im compatent (on most part ) with electronics

i see i have to add lines of codes for this 4x4 to work or w/e ,,,, HOW THE HELL Do i intergrate the codes in my WEBOS pre? I have WebOS quickinstaler/Doctor ,, now what? im alredy in DEV mode.///
    LOL , ok NM turns out i am a ****** , lol i got it , thanx guys
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456