Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Sweet this is like the best thing to happen to since earl invented the sandwich. LOL If I show people my pre I'll have to explain to them I've tweaked it so much that this isn't how it looks out of the obx.
    Yeah except you start explaining it and they just start nodding because they have no idea what you are talking about...been there done that
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Yeah except you start explaining it and they just start nodding because they have no idea what you are talking about...been there done that
    So true, LOL. This one time I was volunteering to help a local church help the homeless in the area. They got them cleaned up and clothed and helped them find jobs etc if I recall correctly. Well we went out to dinner after and one of the homeless people who works for the church for food and shelter as payment, he didn't appear homeless btw, came to dinner with us. We were talking about computers and related technology and he did that nodding thing the whole time and he has lived his whole life on the street and was practically clueless to the vast majority of what I was talking about. The whole time I thought he was following the conversation when all that time he was being polite and listening to my interesting story about technology he probably only seen through pictures and windows. My friends poked fun at me later on when we would tell the story to others because I had no idea the details I just described until we had arrived home in the late evening.
    dhMassacre - Would you please link your launcher-assistant.jsjsjs $and$ $your$ $launcher$.$css$

I really like the look of your 5x icons across look! Thanks!
    I'm not home at the moment, no computer..but even then, i'm pretty sure I can't link palms files like that.. Sorry
    i downloaded the zip...how do I copy the files into my pre?
    NP, was just thinking you could zip 'em up and post a link to them somewhere. no worries and thanks!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have downloaded these and can open them in Notepad++ but how do I get them into the phone? Do I use the .css or the .jsjsjs. $I$ $also$ $tried$ $editing$ $in$ $cmd$ $and$ $putty$. $As$ $a$ $noobie$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $edit$ $a$ $file$ $on$ $my$ $phone$. $Little$ $help$ $please$. $the$ $changes$ $look$ $great$.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    I have downloaded these and can open them in Notepad++ but how do I get them into the phone? Do I use the .css or the .jsjsjs. $I$ $also$ $tried$ $editing$ $in$ $cmd$ $and$ $putty$. $As$ $a$ $noobie$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $edit$ $a$ $file$ $on$ $my$ $phone$. $Little$ $help$ $please$. $the$ $changes$ $look$ $great$.
    To edit on your phone you use a linux tool called "vi". Google it. And you need to change both files to get a clean look.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    When I run vi in my command prompt or putty, I don't get as many lines of code as are listed in the files you sent. Is there a way to just copy your .css and .jsjsjs $onto$ $my$ $pre$. $I$ $am$ $running$ $the$ $five$ $icon$ $screen$ $now$ $and$ $my$ $fat$ $fingers$ $wont$ $cooperate$ $with$ $the$ $tiny$ $icon$. $Four$ $across$ $would$ $be$ $perfect$. $Thanks$ $again$. $I$'$ve$ $learned$ $alot$ $from$ $this$ $thread$. $BTW$, $I$ $did$ $google$ $the$ $vi$ $and$ $it$ $said$ $I$ $could$ $use$ $I$ $and$ $ESC$ $to$ $change$ $from$ $command$ $to$ $insert$. $This$ $didn$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $work$ $in$ $either$ $terminal$. $I$'$d$ $love$ $to$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $edit$ $this$ $way$ $but$ $I$ $am$ $a$ $linux$ $virgin$. $More$ $research$ $on$ $google$ $I$ $guess$.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jason5391 View Post
    When I run vi in my command prompt or putty, I don't get as many lines of code as are listed in the files you sent. Is there a way to just copy your .css and .jsjsjs $onto$ $my$ $pre$. $I$ $am$ $running$ $the$ $five$ $icon$ $screen$ $now$ $and$ $my$ $fat$ $fingers$ $wont$ $cooperate$ $with$ $the$ $tiny$ $icon$. $Four$ $across$ $would$ $be$ $perfect$. $Thanks$ $again$. $I$'$ve$ $learned$ $alot$ $from$ $this$ $thread$. $BTW$, $I$ $did$ $google$ $the$ $vi$ $and$ $it$ $said$ $I$ $could$ $use$ $I$ $and$ $ESC$ $to$ $change$ $from$ $command$ $to$ $insert$. $This$ $didn$'$t$ $seem$ $to$ $work$ $in$ $either$ $terminal$. $I$'$d$ $love$ $to$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $edit$ $this$ $way$ $but$ $I$ $am$ $a$ $linux$ $virgin$. $More$ $research$ $on$ $google$ $I$ $guess$.
    Just press the down arrow and it will scroll the file in vi for the rest of the lines. You just can't use the scroll for the prompt window. Alternatively, you can press :128 to go to line 128.

When you start vi you are in command mode. You can enter commands such as

:234 -----> goto line 234
    :wq ------> save the file and quit
    :q! -------> quit and discard changes
    /term ----> search for "term"
    i ---------> start the edit mode at cursor

In edit mode, just use the keyboard to type what you need. Just know that backspace works, but delete does not.

Read more here:
    Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals
    HEY YOU PEEPS...

Do me and some others who are lost a favor please...

Give us step by step instructions on how to add the "add or delete" function to the launcher please. In easy and complete instructions. The wiki page on it is horribly simplistic and I don't even know where to go once I get to rootcastle from novcom.

i would really like to enable this feature so please, if someone could step up and do some of us lost souls a favor I would appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    HEY YOU PEEPS...

Do me and some others who are lost a favor please...

Give us step by step instructions on how to add the "add or delete" function to the launcher please. In easy and complete instructions. The wiki page on it is horribly simplistic and I don't even know where to go once I get to rootcastle from novcom.

i would really like to enable this feature so please, if someone could step up and do some of us lost souls a favor I would appreciate it.

The best and safest way would be to use the patch manager, quilt. Here is the page with instructions: Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

If you want to do it manually, you have to go to the file location (look it up on that same wiki site...) and simply remove the /* from one line, and the */ from another line. Like I mentioned, you want to use the wiki site I linked to for all of this information, as I don't remember line numbers. The point is, Add/Remove launcher mod is barely a mod at all. It's in the code, but Palm has it commented out so it's not in effect *yet*.
    or you could download the new webos quick install.....in the tweak section..its a options...
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    very nice.

i like it
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    I have installed patches from webos internals already, but I could not get patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/more_icons_per_row.patch to import. This and .../.pc/enable-dev-mode-icon.patch. Is there something wrong with the patch?
    Mine states something about hunk failed and that the patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicini View Post
    I have installed patches from webos internals already, but I could not get patch
    /opt/src/modifications/luna/more_icons_per_row.patch to import. This and .../.pc/enable-dev-mode-icon.patch. Is there something wrong with the patch?
    Mine states something about hunk failed and that the patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
    I believe this happens when a patch attempts to change a file that has been altered in such a way that the expected text to alter is different in content or place in the file. But don't quote me on that. The more icons per row patch contains the code for the add/remove launcher pages patch and if that patch was previously applied the hunk fail error will occur. Remove the other patch or enforce the application of the more icons per row. I don't recall if I used the patch or manually edited to make the dev mode icon visible.
    That makes sense. I am going to try to start fresh and do it again. I did try to enforce it (-f right) Somewhere along the way all the Dutch have been killed from messaging and phone search. No more "Van" or "Vande" last names.
    Can you think of a reason why on screen keyboard and browser downloads would act like they were pushed but they don't show up on the phone.
    I will start from the beginning but any advice would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    this is what happens when i paste the patch code:

root@castle:/var/home/root# };
    -sh: syntax error: "}" unexpected
    root@castle:/var/home/root# },
    -sh: },: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# Index: /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesh
    eets/launcher.css
    -sh: Index:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# ====================================================
    ===============
    -sh: ===================================================================: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# --- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/style
    sheets/launcher.css
    -sh: ---: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# +++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheet
    s/launcher.css
    -sh: +++: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# @@ -116,7 +116,7 @@ body.palm-default
    -sh: @@: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root#
    root@castle:/var/home/root# .launcher_page .name {
    -sh: .launcher_page: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# position:absolute;
    -sh: position:absolute: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# -top: 68px;
    -sh: -top:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# +top: 48px;
    -sh: +top:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# width:100px;
    -sh: width:100px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# height: 34px;
    -sh: height:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# max-height: 34px;
    -sh: max-height:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# @@ -125,7 +125,7 @@ body.palm-default
    root@castle:/var/home/root# color:white;
    -sh: color:white: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# text-align:center;
    -sh: text-align:center: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# font-weight:bold;
    -sh: font-weight:bold: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# - font-size: 14px;
    -sh: -: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# + font-size: 9px;
    -sh: +: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# overflow: hidden;
    -sh: overflow:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# text-overflow: ellipsis;
    -sh: text-overflow:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# z-index:5;
    -sh: z-index:5: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# @@ -148,8 +148,8 @@ body.palm-default
    root@castle:/var/home/root# }
    -sh: syntax error: "}" unexpected
    root@castle:/var/home/root# .draggable {
    -sh: .draggable: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# -width:64px;
    -sh: -width:64px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# -height:64px;
    -sh: -height:64px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# +width:48px;
    -sh: +width:48px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# +height:48px;
    -sh: +height:48px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# margin: 0 auto;
    -sh: margin:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# -webkit-user-drag: any;
    -sh: -webkit-user-drag:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# -webkit-user-select: none;
    -sh: -webkit-user-select:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# @@ -192,8 +192,8 @@ body.palm-default
    root@castle:/var/home/root# #app-icon {
    root@castle:/var/home/root# float:left;
    -sh: float:left: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# -width:64px;
    -sh: -width:64px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# -height:64px;
    -sh: -height:64px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# +width:32px;
    -sh: +width:32px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# +height:32px;
    -sh: +height:32px: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# background: center center no-repeat;
    -sh: background:: not found
    root@castle:/var/home/root# }

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong please.

After i put in my password. i type "sudo su -" then:
    i type "mount -o remount,rw /"
    then i paste the code. Is that right also?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    What edits do you have to do so you have multi-line app names? Some of mine run into each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by mherald81 View Post
    What edits do you have to do so you have multi-line app names? Some of mine run into each other.
    Section two of the patch page describes the lines to edit to wrap the names to two lines. I also added section 3 on the page for increasing the space between icons in the rows and reducing the margins which also make more room for names and also space for tapping accuracy.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast