Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 110
  1. #21  
    Patch Launcher To Allow More Icons Per Row - WebOS Internals

    Wiki page is up and edited, along with the patch added the to modifications repo, enjoy...

    (Also, an image of the final result is now on the wiki, it looks beautiful :P)
  2. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #22  
    After playing with it a bit, here are the settings I decided look the best to me. Of course this is my personal preference; please everyone tinker with it and see what you like!

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 2,
    LINE 20 ---- kPageMargin: 0,
    LINE 402 --- this.kAppWidth = 75
    LINE 404 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;


    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    LINE 128 --- font-size: 12px;
    LINE 151 --- width:56px;
    LINE 152 --- height:56px;


    And here is some screenshots...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3. #23  
    cwgtex, I like it, looks nice...
    I prefer mine but its all about preference and you did exactly what I wanted people to do, CUSTOMIZE!

    My patch is just the building blocks for whatever you want it to look like..
  4. bmoyer1's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #24  
    This patch also includes the patch to allow a user to add and remove additional launcher pages. You might have to remove that patch before applying this one.
    OK... so I have been using multiple pages now ever since we could. I'm currently running 5 pages (Contacts, Games, Bookmarks, Productive Apps, System Apps).

    Has anyone tried adding this patch with the add/delete pages patch already on there phone?

    Thanks,

    Bob
  5. #25  
    bmoyer1: You HAVE to remove it, was just confirmed.

    I don't see it as a big deal since after this, you'll wanna rearrange all your icons anyway..
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoyer1 View Post
    OK... so I have been using multiple pages now ever since we could. I'm currently running 5 pages (Contacts, Games, Bookmarks, Productive Apps, System Apps).

    Has anyone tried adding this patch with the add/delete pages patch already on there phone?
    you need to remove that patch first, then apply this patch which includes the function to add/remove pages.

    removing the add/remove pages patch does not affect your pages at all. just the ability to add/remove them. hope that helps.
  7. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #27  
    This is really great! I assume this will be "undone" with the next update though.
  8. Partyman's Avatar
    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    #28  
    I would love to do this to my phone, but i am ***** when is comes to this stuff and don't understand how to make all the changes. I read up on vi and still don't understand how to get to all them lines and make the changes. maybe someone could write a script so that you could just copy and paste it using putty, like what d2g does? Be easy on the criticism towards me please. Thanks.
    Last edited by Partyman; 08/12/2009 at 11:41 AM.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    After playing with it a bit, here are the settings I decided look the best to me. Of course this is my personal preference; please everyone tinker with it and see what you like!

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 2,
    LINE 20 ---- kPageMargin: 0,
    LINE 402 --- this.kAppWidth = 75
    LINE 404 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;


    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    LINE 128 --- font-size: 12px;
    LINE 151 --- width:56px;
    LINE 152 --- height:56px;


    And here is some screenshots...
    I really like the way that this looks - can I just modify these files as you described to achieve this result? Do I have to make the changes on the first page of this thread as well?
    I'd rather do it with vi than a patch,as I did the add/remove page mod manually, without a patch as well.
  10. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    I really like the way that this looks - can I just modify these files as you described to achieve this result? Do I have to make the changes on the first page of this thread as well?
    I'd rather do it with vi than a patch,as I did the add/remove page mod manually, without a patch as well.
    Just the changes I listed will give the screenshots as above. HOWEVER, after having it set this way for a day, I noticed two things: the margins are slightly uneven, and the last page doesn't have a page indicator. I am going to review all the changes listed at

    Patch Launcher To Allow More Icons Per Row - WebOS Internals

    and see what the difference is (besides 5 icons per row instead of my 4).
  11. #31  
    meh.
    the margins aren't messed up enough to bother me. I'll be making these changes tonight.
    Thanks cwgtex!
  12. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #32  
    EDIT: Things were perfect with a notification, but without, had some dead space. I just adjusted one number (below in bold).

    Figured out margins and indicator. And I adjusted to make it 4x4 instead of 4x3.

    Here are my variables and screenshots.

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 1,
    LINE 402 --- this.kAppWidth = 72;
    LINE 403 --- this.kAppHeight = 86;
    LINE 404 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;
    LINE 518 --- left: (((appIndex % this.kAppsPerRow) * this.kAppWidth)),

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    LINE 119 --- top: 56px;
    LINE 128 --- font-size: 11px;
    LINE 151 --- width:56px;
    LINE 152 --- height:56px;
    LINE 195 --- width:56px;
    LINE 196 --- height:56px;

    EDIT: updated screenshots as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cwgtex; 08/12/2009 at 10:33 PM.
  13. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Figured out margins and indicator. And I adjusted to make it 4x4 instead of 4x3.

    Here are my variables and screenshots.

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 1,
    LINE 402 --- this.kAppWidth = 72;
    LINE 403 --- this.kAppHeight = 79;
    LINE 404 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;
    LINE 518 --- left: (((appIndex % this.kAppsPerRow) * this.kAppWidth)),

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    LINE 119 --- top: 56px;
    LINE 128 --- font-size: 11px;
    LINE 151 --- width:56px;
    LINE 152 --- height:56px;
    LINE 195 --- width:56px;
    LINE 196 --- height:56px;
    Looks a bit cleaner then the numbers I had, thanks
  14. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Looks a bit cleaner then the numbers I had, thanks
    Yeah but I just realized something. Those numbers are perfect when you have a notification. When that's gone, you have some blank space. 90% of the time I clear a notification right away, so I'm gonna increase

    LINE 403 --- this.kAppHeight = 79;

    slightly and see if I can get it just right.
  15. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    Yeah but I just realized something. Those numbers are perfect when you have a notification. When that's gone, you have some blank space. 90% of the time I clear a notification right away, so I'm gonna increase

    LINE 403 --- this.kAppHeight = 79;

    slightly and see if I can get it just right.
    Hmmm, not sure I'm seeing this like you are. I had 2 notifications up and didn't really notice any space.
  16. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Hmmm, not sure I'm seeing this like you are. I had 2 notifications up and didn't really notice any space.
    Clear the notifications and then you will see.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    After playing with it a bit, here are the settings I decided look the best to me. Of course this is my personal preference; please everyone tinker with it and see what you like!

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 2,
    LINE 20 ---- kPageMargin: 0,
    LINE 402 --- this.kAppWidth = 75
    LINE 404 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;


    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    LINE 128 --- font-size: 12px;
    LINE 151 --- width:56px;
    LINE 152 --- height:56px;


    And here is some screenshots...

    can you give the whole code for your version step by step i like your setup looks great please
  18. cwgtex's Avatar
    Posts
    608 Posts
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
       #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by yaneditors View Post
    can you give the whole code for your version step by step i like your setup looks great please
    pm sent
  19. #39  
    good job cwg. I made those changes last night and my launcher looks much nicer now.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    EDIT: Things were perfect with a notification, but without, had some dead space. I just adjusted one number (below in bold).

    Figured out margins and indicator. And I adjusted to make it 4x4 instead of 4x3.

    Here are my variables and screenshots.

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

    LINE 19 ---- kPageIndicatorSpacing: 1,
    LINE 402 --- this.kAppWidth = 72;
    LINE 403 --- this.kAppHeight = 86;
    LINE 404 --- this.kAppsPerRow = 4;
    LINE 518 --- left: (((appIndex % this.kAppsPerRow) * this.kAppWidth)),

    vi /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css

    LINE 119 --- top: 56px;
    LINE 128 --- font-size: 11px;
    LINE 151 --- width:56px;
    LINE 152 --- height:56px;
    LINE 195 --- width:56px;
    LINE 196 --- height:56px;

    EDIT: updated screenshots as well.
    Hey cwgtex how did you get your power bar and % to show. Could you post the lines to accomplish that please!!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions