Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Someone, please develop an app that allows the user to add launcher pages. It seems as if everyone here would like this app, yet no one has taken the step to bring it to fruition. I've rooted my pre and have added launcher pages that way, BUT because you must erase these changes before any OTA updates, this method is kinda inefficient.

Please do this for us. Someone, anyone.
    You do not need to remove added launcher pages when you do an update.
    I second the original poster's request. I have not rooted my pre and I don't plan on it. But I sure would like to easily add more launcher pages...
    The ability to add and remove was pretty much written into the pre. The hacks are just to "turn it on". Palm is sure to do it in a future update...possibly once the app catalog is out of beta!
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    indeed you don't need to remove the pages the OTA update will do it for you. At least that was my experience with the v1.1 update. What a pain to have to re-arrange the launcher icons anew. Maybe is was a special case because the "hidden" NASCAR, et al apps became visible again. I'm up to 7 pages already (h8 vertical scrolling).

I also second the OP. It would be cool for an app to record, remember and restore number of pages, visibility status and icon positions for these occasions.
    Last edited by mauro1; 08/10/2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: korecting speeling mistaiks
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    so, any takers? seems like this would be relatively simple to accomplish. this is something everyone is wishing for.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    so, any takers? seems like this would be relatively simple to accomplish. this is something everyone is wishing for.
    The problem is that apps generally can't affect other files in the file system. It may SEEM relatively easy, but with the limitations of the current APIs it's not possible.