Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a sys file that contains the status of the ringer select being on or off. I am also wondering if you might know the program that checks for the status. If we can find this out, making the phone go into vibrate during meetings will be so much easier. I tried to check the WIKI, but it didn't have anything on it. If you have other links that break down the sys files and built in programs, that would be a great help too.
    In all likelihood it is neither an app or a file but rather a method/process that can be listened for. Much like a key press down and key press up state. Then in an app you would check the state of the switch like you would the state of a key press. I'm not sure I follow your train of thought to making it easier to put the phone in vibrate. Unless you are looking to a way to override any and all sound beyond what is set to listen to the state of the switch.
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    No I think he's trying to find a way to have it as if you are in a meeting (a calander event) it goes to the vibrate mode immediatly. So if you had forgotten to move the switch it will vibrate anyways and not ring with said calander event or sleep/nighty night time.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    That is it exactly Weeby
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    No I think he's trying to find a way to have it as if you are in a meeting (a calander event) it goes to the vibrate mode immediatly. So if you had forgotten to move the switch it will vibrate anyways and not ring with said calander event or sleep/nighty night time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    That is it exactly Weeby
    I understand now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure much out but I'll poke around and see what I can find. I can't promise I'll have anything more than a check out such and such file or code segments to see if it can be used to do what is being asked for.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    I'm not sure if this will help or not but there is a way to disable certain individual sounds/alerts. This may be helpful in modifying the calendar app or writing an app to override alerts and ringers based on perhaps a toggle setting for an apointment that engages the override for the duration of the event. I'm just not sure how one would go about doing it.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...us_Call_Sounds