1.    #1  
    hi I'm trying to do the boot logo tweak and i can't seem to find how to replace the old images with the new.
    this is what comes up
    Code:
    root@castle:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png.orig
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    mount -o remount,ro /root@castle:/# cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/ima
    ges/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp: overwrite '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig'?
    what do i type for it to force the overwrite?

thanks
    make sure your at root

Code:
    sudo -i
    mount -o remount rw, /
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /media/internal/
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png media/internal

Code:
    reboot

rename your new boot pics to palm-logo.png and palm-logo-bright.png and change to usb mode. save the current palm and palm bright to somewhere so you can replace them later if needed.

put the new palm-logo.png and palm-logo-bright.png in the root on the usb drive. now switch back to just charge mode.

Code:
    sudo -i
    mount -o remount rw, /
    cp /media/internal/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    mount -o remount ro /
    Code:
    reboot

thats it
    The thread name is I challenge all of you! answer is on page two.
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyev8 View Post
    The thread name is I challenge all of you! answer is on page two.
    that way works too, the way I do it is a little easier as the pics are right there in the root in usb mode.

Either way will get the op what he is after!

I'm no expert but I have done every mod to my phone there is and have yet to brick it.

Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoxestrella View Post
    hi I'm trying to do the boot logo tweak and i can't seem to find how to replace the old images with the new.
    this is what comes up
    Code:
    root@castle:/# mount -o remount,rw /
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png.orig
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    mount -o remount,ro /root@castle:/# cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/ima
    ges/palm-logo.png.orig
    cp: overwrite '/usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig'?
    what do i type for it to force the overwrite?

thanks
    This was help to me.. Here
    i have similar issue, except I changed my boot logo once already without an issue, but now that I want to do it again, it asks me about the same overwrite stuff. and no matter what my answer is, the boot logo remains as it was - unchanged.

And yes, I use THESE instructions.

Help?

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
    Using the instructions found HERE...in STEP FOUR simply do not include the following instruction:
    sudo cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig
    sudo cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png.orig
    Which in another words makes a backup copy of the original boot logo, which causes the question of overwriting (only time this questions pops up, by the way, is if you've changed your boot logo previously and have previously made a back-up copy of these "boot-logo" files).

So... what you should do to make it work, from the beginning, is:

Step One Log into the phone via ssh and copy the files to the USB drive.
    mkdir /media/internal/bootlogo
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo* /media/internal/bootlogo
    Step Two Modify the files with your favorite editor (Gimp, Photoshop, ImageMagick, MS Paint, etc.)

Step Three Save the new images to the bootlogo directory on the Pre's USB drive.

Step Four Log into the phone via ssh, remount the root filesystem read-write, copy the new images into place, and remount the root filesystem read-only.
    sudo mount -o rw,remount /
    sudo cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    sudo cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    sudo mount -o ro,remount /
    Step Five Restart Luna and watch your awesome new logo.
    pkill LunaSysMgr
    FINISH!
    Last edited by DliniyPasha; 08/10/2009 at 04:23 AM.