Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I used to have DateMate on my Treo and loved it! Now, I was thinking the contacts app would work since it has the birthdates, but it doesn't. I no longer remember any birthdays and I wish there was something that would help me remember them, besides the calendar.
    Last edited by TreoRock; 08/09/2009 at 04:23 PM.
  2. #2  
    I agree this would be great.
  3. #3  
    I would highly suggest just creating a B-day calendar on Google. You can then have it notify you when one comes up. You can set it to let you know a week before, a day before, on the day or all of them. You can also have it send you a text message and your Pre will also alert you if you so choose.
    Last edited by Paladin; 08/09/2009 at 07:03 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  4. steveapos's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    #4  
    Sounds like a nice alternative to scanning facebook for birthday reminders. 1Paladin's solution sounds pretty good too though. Had no idea Google calender could send text message reminders, yet again I can't say I've ever used my Google calender.
  5.    #5  
    In my personal experience I find really useful to have a place where you can clearly see all birthdays like this:



    I know google calendar can schedule birthdays, but it can't display them like datemate does it. Unless somebody makes an up that synchs with google calendar and organizes birthdays like datemate does it.
  6. #6  
    I started with DateMate on my Clie's and then moved to EventGuide later on. I would love an app like those two as well! I have bithdays in my calendar but it just isn't the same...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  7. #7  
    i use birthdayalarm.com as an alternative... been using it for years.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    In my personal experience I find really useful to have a place where you can clearly see all birthdays like this:



    I know google calendar can schedule birthdays, but it can't display them like datemate does it. Unless somebody makes an up that synchs with google calendar and organizes birthdays like datemate does it.
    You mean like the Agenda view on Google Cal? Just display your B-day cal only and put it in Agenda view to see them all in a list. ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  9. #9  
    I wish the Pre would actually add birthdays to the calendar instead of them just sitting in contacts. An app that would pull the birthdays from Contacts and add them to your default Google Calendar maybe with a Birthday category would be nice.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I would highly suggest just creating a B-day calendar on Google. You can then have it notify you when one comes up. You can set it to let you know a week before, a day before, on the day or all of them. You can also have it send you a text message and your Pre will also alert you if you so choose.
    after reading this post I setup a birthday calender on Google and now they show up on my Pre as well which is great but there does not seem to be a way to have it remind me of the date for the birthdays Google does not even give an option to send a notification for birthdays at all.. Am I missing something?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    Google does not even give an option to send a notification for birthdays at all.. Am I missing something?

    Did you go under settings for the Calendar?
    Settings-->Calendars Tab--> notifications.

    From there you can as many as you want. If you want your phone to be notified you will need to go to the settings--> mobile setup tab and verify a phone.

    Once you get the phone set up you can also sand an SMS to your Calendar to add an event. See this thread for more.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...dd-events.html

    Check my post in the thread on page 2 for details.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  12. #12  
    yes and under the notifications there is nothing there not even an option to add a notification for the birthday calender but my phone is not set up with Google I had planned on doing this just never got around too so I'll try and setup the phone for Google to send the notification too and see if that makes a difference
  13. #13  
    nope still have no option for it to send a notification for birthdays maybe I set something up wrong in Google I went to add another calender and in the list was one for birthdays so I added that one and it took all my birthdays listed in my contacts and put them in there and also synced to my pre but there is no option anywhere to tell it to notify me of the event.
  14. #14  
    Is there a chance the next software update will pull birthdays from Outlook contacts and display them in the Pre schedule?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I wish the Pre would actually add birthdays to the calendar instead of them just sitting in contacts. An app that would pull the birthdays from Contacts and add them to your default Google Calendar maybe with a Birthday category would be nice.
    It'd have to be a separate calendar apart from your Google Calendar like Flixster does and like the Sporting News MLB app does, but I agree that this would be nice.
  16. #16  
    If you used the "new" contacts' birthdays calendar that is built-in as a public calendar in google, then there is no notification support for that yet. Not sure why... seems like an obvious feature that is missing.

Posting Permissions