Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I have the MySQL server up and running on one of my machines. I am working on the script to send the data over to the server now. I might have something simple working later on today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    I have the MySQL server up and running on one of my machines. I am working on the script to send the data over to the server now. I might have something simple working later on today.
    Patiently waiting
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    If you are wanting to use this, make sure to have mysql and crond installed on your Pre.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Here is the code for the remote MySQL Database along with the database layout:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    HOST=[HOST NAME]
    USR=[User for Database & Log]
    PWD=[Database Password]

pos=$(/home/scripts/luna-send -n 3 palm://com.palm.location/startTracking '{"appId": "ILovePalm", "subscribe": true}' 2>&1 | tail -1)
    pos=$(echo $pos | sed -r 's/[^-\.0-9,]//g')

lat=$(echo $pos | cut -d, -f4)
    lon=$(echo $pos | cut -d, -f5)
    hed=$(echo $pos | cut -d, -f7)
    spd=$(echo $pos | cut -d, -f8)
    alt=$(echo $pos | cut -d, -f9)
    bat=$(grep BATTERY: /var/log/messages | tail -1 | awk '{print $8}' | sed 's/%,//')
    now=$(date)

query=$(echo "mysql -u $USR -h $HOST --password='$PWD' -e 'use gps;INSERT INTO TrackingData(Lat,Lon,Speed,Heading,Altitude,PreUser) VALUES ($lat,$lon,$spd,$hed,$alt,\"$USR\")'")

echo $query > /tmp/gps.sql
    sh /tmp/gps.sql
    rm -Rf /tmp/gps.sql

exit
    If you are wondering why I am using a special Luna-send, that is because this was designed around being used with the webserver that runs as the user NOBODY. Luna-Send must be run as root. I copied the file and setuid the file to root.

Here is the database information (server time stamps the information)

Code:
    CREATE TABLE `TrackingData` (
      `Lat` varchar(24) NOT NULL,
      `Lon` varchar(24) NOT NULL,
      `Speed` int(18) NOT NULL,
      `Heading` int(18) NOT NULL,
      `Altitude` int(18) NOT NULL,
      `PreUser` varchar(24) NOT NULL,
      `Date` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I did some quick digging and you could do something with the Google Maps API to plot all of the points. If someone is familiar with this, let me know. I will be more then happy to work with you on this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12