1.    #1  
    Is there anyone out that could create a theme app that all the current themes that have been made can be added to it and that we can change the theme with a click on a button? I am not up on creating apps just yet and would love to work with someone on this.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...hemes-etc.html
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I was thinking of the same thing. I think pregame or someone was working on an app for this either on the pre or a program for computer. Hopefully we'l see in the coming weeks...
    I think one of the most challenging things about this idea is that there is so many different aspects of the Pre, which apps, backgrounds, chat balloons, text is it going to support and which ones are going to be left out. Maybe limit it to just the default apps that could be themed?
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah peterman View Post
    I think one of the most challenging things about this idea is that there is so many different aspects of the Pre, which apps, backgrounds, chat balloons, text is it going to support and which ones are going to be left out. Maybe limit it to just the default apps that could be themed?
    That is my thinking to start and maybe go from there.
    Yeah, Putting a theme in place is not as easy as replacing some PNG's. I wish it was! Also with the amount of themes out there, I bet a would be developer is waiting for more themes before spending the time to make an app. If you can use paint, you can make themes for the pre!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I am toying with the idea but there are so many things that control the way things look I don't think it is an easy task. CSS, html, and jsjsjs $files$ $so$ $far$ $all$ $contain$ $lines$ $of$ $code$ $determining$ $how$ $things$ $look$ $and$ $aren$'$t$ $necessarily$ $consistent$ $from$ $one$ $thing$ $to$ $the$ $next$. $Some$ $fonts$ $are$ $specified$ $in$ $global$ $framework$ $while$ $in$ $some$ $apps$ $they$ $are$ $overriden$ $within$ $the$ $apps$ $CSS$ $etc$. $Then$ $there$ $are$ $png$ $files$ $all$ $over$ $the$ $place$ $etc$. $I$'$m$ $inclined$ $to$ $think$ $that$ $a$ $pc$ $app$ $will$ $be$ $needed$ $to$ $cover$ $all$ $the$ $bases$ $and$ $then$ $transfer$ $the$ $changes$ $to$ $the$ $device$ $while$ $backing$ $up$ $the$ $default$ $files$. $The$ $connection$ $would$ $be$ $similar$ $to$ $accessing$ $linux$ $on$ $the$ $device$ $and$ $may$ $require$ $similar$ $connection$ $privileges$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $really$ $know$ $but$ $it$ $definately$ $won$'$t$ $be$ $easy$ $to$ $do$. $So$ $far$ $all$ $of$ $the$ $theming$ $I$ $have$ $seen$ $done$ $is$ $via$ $accessing$ $linux$ $and$ $overwriting$ $the$ $existing$ $pngs$ $and$ $modifying$ $code$ $in$ $the$ $apps$ $etc$.
    Is it possible to create an app, with which you can download theme files to your pre, and then browse them and interchange them, as they are packages on preware, if you work with webos internalz, this could be achieved, you could then store your favourite themes on your device and swap/change them independent of an internet connection?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    Is it possible to create an app, with which you can download theme files to your pre, and then browse them and interchange them, as they are packages on preware, if you work with webos internalz, this could be achieved, you could then store your favourite themes on your device and swap/change them independent of an internet connection?
    That's exactly what I would like to see. You can accomplish something similar using Preware in install and uninstall themes, but it is so much quicker not to have to load up Preware every time you want to install a new theme.
    Have you looked at Preware?