1.    #1  
    I've patched the message app to show timestamps on all messages sent and received which has taken care of half of what I find myself needing to know when looking back through a conversation. But it would really help if the divider stamps of today yesterday and last week were more specific beyond yesterday. My thoughts are to have it say today, yesterday, Friday (if today is sunday), Thursday, Wednesday, Tuesday, Monday, Then show dates earlier than one week ago. But show a divider for each day and not lump by week or month. Anyone have any ideas where to look and what to edit or add to make this happen?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I was wondering about removing those dividers myself. I'll look into your idea later when I go in to edit.
  3.    #3  
    I tried experimenting comparing a couple things to the phone app. One was the html scene, which doesn't appear to have a direct impact on the stamping for the divider. The other was in the controller jsjsjs $for$ $listview$ $I$ $altered$ $a$ $line$ $that$ $is$ $something$ $like$ $divider$ $template$ $near$ $the$ $beginning$ $of$ $the$ $file$ $to$ $the$ $string$ $from$ $the$ $call$ $log$ $controller$ $js$ $but$ $it$ $broken$ $the$ $divider$ $in$ $the$ $messaging$ $list$ $view$ $so$ $none$ $displayed$ $at$ $all$. $But$ $I$ $may$ $be$ $on$ $the$ $right$ $track$. $Any$ $ideas$ $where$ $the$ $template$ $details$ $are$ $stored$?
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I personally think it would be nice to have the dates within that field. Once the 1.1.0 came out I didn't install the new timestamp patch as I found out I didn't use it much. But I think it would be neat to have it in the dividers.

Here is my question, can't we edit some field from instead of every five minutes (?) to every minute when a new text is recieved. I thought I read that somewhere that we could. So then at least the day view is more accurate.
    Still happily rooting my launch 6/6/09 Pre!
    (and my wife's)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby_s View Post
    I personally think it would be nice to have the dates within that field. Once the 1.1.0 came out I didn't install the new timestamp patch as I found out I didn't use it much. But I think it would be neat to have it in the dividers.

Here is my question, can't we edit some field from instead of every five minutes (?) to every minute when a new text is recieved. I thought I read that somewhere that we could. So then at least the day view is more accurate.
    Yes there is details on webos-internals link is somewhere on the patches page. There is a variable used that can be set to whatever interval you would like. I personally don't get a lot of messages but I keep all of them. Which is why I would like to break down the stuff older than a week or 2 to specific dates so I can identify when a chuck was sent/recieved when looking back through the history. Often times I go last week on such and such day I talked to so and so and can't remember a detail. Kind of a pain to have to see like 50 things lumped into a last week or two weeks ago or even more from the parts label last month etc.