Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Im trying to follow the steps on "how to install Homebrew apps" following directions i got on here.

I got to step 4 and all was going well until i clicked the "Install!" button. It says searching for device and then a thing pops up that says error 1: connection refused and it says connect so i click ok and then another thing pops up that says error: no device found.

how do i fix this so i can finally finish all this!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    download the ''file coaster'' file to your pc from the forums. then connect your pre to your pc. next open the bin file whitch should be located in your SDK, now drag and drop the file coaster file into the palm-install file in your bin. unplug pre and use filecoaster app to download apps
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Well I tried searching for the file coaster download on here and I couldn't find a PC download one.. I only found one that I would put in the webOS installer thing as if I were trying to download and app. I tried it and I got the same message.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble..Im really new to all of this.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok well the whole weboc installer isnt working.. any other easy way that you did all this installing? Im soo lost on what to do
    Quote Originally Posted by a4pre View Post
    Im trying to follow the steps on "how to install Homebrew apps" following directions i got on here.

I got to step 4 and all was going well until i clicked the "Install!" button. It says searching for device and then a thing pops up that says error 1: connection refused and it says connect so i click ok and then another thing pops up that says error: no device found.

how do i fix this so i can finally finish all this!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    try putting your phone in developer mode. To do this open the keyboard on your phone type webos20090606 then hit the icon and turn on the developer mode. your phone will reset then, and your all set. Your device should be found now and you can install filecoaster. once installed, you can turn developer mode off and now use file coaster to install apps no prob.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I did have it in developer mode and I had it on the "just charge". I tried to drag and drop the link for an app into the webOS thing and clicked install and the error thing popped up. seems like im missing a step??

I dont get the whole filecoaster thing..do I have to do this before trying to do the apps? I'm so confsued.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Another thing, when I have my phone plugged in to my computer it says it found a new device and its trying to install the novacom linux thing. It tells me to insert the disc. (which i dont have I'm on vacation-I dont even remember if I got a cd or not..) So..with this said I have not downloaded my phone to my computer or whatever. Could this be my problem??
    Ok... your problem is you are trying to drop a link onto the WebOS installer.

First off, you need to download fileCoaster onto your computer (it'll be an ipk file after its downloaded). You need to drag that ipk file (not the link) onto WebOS installed and then hit install.

The novacom thing is no big deal... just cancel it.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ok this makes sense. Is there any way could find a fileCoaster download for me.. I dont know which one to do and all that..
    Ok this makes sense. Is there any way could find a fileCoaster download for me.. I dont know which one to do and all that..
    Something tells me homebrew is not for you.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Yes i am new to all of this............
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    K I got the thing for the fileCoaster thing downloaded it to my computer and dragged the file into the webOS installer thing. Clicked Inslall! And i got the same message.. ERROR; NO DEVICE FOUND

And i am in developer mode..
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure I know why this isnt working.. I haven't downloaded my phone to the computer or whatever. Because when i hook my phone up to it, it says new device found..insert cd. And i have not done that yet...... Is this what i need to do??
    It should find the device just fine for you. When you first opened the Java app and downloaded the WebOS doctor, did you select Emulator or USB device?

I think you may have selected emulator. For giggles... take the WebOS Quick Install file, and put it into another directory, let it redownload the WebOS Doctor (the long download it does), and make sure you select USB device. Then try dragging that IPK file over into the program.

make sure the phone is in dev mode
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    my phone is also in dev mode, set to USB device, and when i hit install, the program says no device found even though the computer is able to recognize my pre as the "O:\" drive when i hit USB (and yes i am hitting just charge when i try to do this i'm just stating the computer recognizes my phone) and novacom did install. what could i have possibly done wrong?
    Follow all of these steps. Even if you have done them before, redo them.

1.) Download and Install Java.
    2.) Download Webos Quick Install. (scroll to the bottom of the first post were the attachment will be)
    3.) Download Filecoaster.
    4.) Open up the WebOS Quick Install application you downloaded. It may prompt you to download something before use. Download it and then make sure you have Quick Install open.
    5.) Click-drag the filecoaster file (.ipk) to Quick Install.
    6.) Put you phone into dev mode by typing in webos20090606. Click the icon and switch it on. Let it reboot then connect it to your computer via USB. When the menu pops up tap Just Charge.
    7.) Click the install button in Webos Quick Install and then it should have the filecoaster app on the first page of your app menu.
    8.) Open filecoaster and then you can ether download an app straight from the PreCentral list or you can download apps/music/video/Classic apps/or any other files to your Pre Via the URL.

If you have further problems then you will have to redownload novacom driver ( yes it still is on the computer but the driver window pops up when you are in dev mode.) If you need to know how to do this ask.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    im having the SAME issue as the thread started it says insert disc that came with your novacom linux - ive followed directions on this site just like him and cant get it help!
    I am Having all kinds of trouble please help me!!!
    I am having the same problem - anyone sorted this yet?? xXx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast