Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I know this has already been posted, but I would REALLY like it if someone could make an RSS Reader for the pre. Yes, I know you can just use the Google Reader Mobile site, but I think an app would be much nicer.

    I use PrePod for podcasts, but still nothing for RSS.
    It would be VERY greatly appreciated!
    Thx.
    ------
    ~Sam

    Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    There is one included in the sample apps of the SDK. I don't know that the SDK agreement allows me to repost it so I won't but you can just go download the SDK and install it yourself.

    Link to register to download the SDK
  3. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    There is one included in the sample apps of the SDK. I don't know that the SDK agreement allows me to repost it so I won't but you can just go download the SDK and install it yourself.

    Link to register to download the SDK
    It's not that good though.. would love to see a *real* rss reader.
    -m
  4. #4  
    i think there are a few people working on making it better or writing a better one from scratch. i would like to see rss reader built into prepod, one app to rule them all
  5. #5  
    forums.precentral.net/spe_attachment/download-20873-com.palm.app.news11-1_1.0.0_all.ipk

    This is what I use for rss feeds. Use prepod for the audio
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by craiggoodliffe View Post
    forums.precentral.net/spe_attachment/download-20873-com.palm.app.news11-1_1.0.0_all.ipk

    This is what I use for rss feeds. Use prepod for the audio
    We're talking about a news (or, TEXT as I should say) RSS feeder. Prepod gets audio, but we are wanting text.
    ------
    ~Sam

    Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    There is one included in the sample apps of the SDK. I don't know that the SDK agreement allows me to repost it so I won't but you can just go download the SDK and install it yourself.

    Link to register to download the SDK
    Whoa, I have no idea how I missed that. I've messed around in the samples for a long time but I somehow haven't seen it!
    And I guess it works, all I'm using it for is reading gdgt.com and a couple of other tech sites.
    Thanks!
    EDIT:
    Oops, posted this too soon :/
    How the heck do i install it? I've been working on it all morning but can't figure it out.
    Last edited by mrducklumps1; 08/09/2009 at 08:39 AM.
    ------
    ~Sam

    Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre
  8. #8  
    You have to package the folder into an ipk by installing the sdk and then you install it either with normal ipkg install methods or palm install.

    I can't get the latest version to save my feeds... Is anyone else having this problem?
  9. akarol's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    #9  
    Could someone package this ipk for us? Seems kind of intense and time consuming for me to pull it off at my work computer.

    Thanks in advance!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by akarol View Post
    Could someone package this ipk for us? Seems kind of intense and time consuming for me to pull it off at my work computer.

    Thanks in advance!
    Uh oh, someones doing other things at their desk P= lol
    ------
    ~Sam

    Crappy generic phone > Another crappy generic phone > Treo 700w > Palm Pre

Posting Permissions