Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WRT to the OP:
    You are very annoying, and no one owes you anything. While I usually try to help, the level of apathy I feel can only be described as, momentus.

Good luck though!
    You're going to need it to find some 'class'.
  2.    #22  
    Here is the script I used

mkdir /media/internal/bootlogo
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo* /media/internal/bootlogo

Then save photos to the bootlogo folder in usb mode.

sudo mount -o rw,remount /
    sudo cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig
    sudo cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png.orig
    sudo cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    sudo cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    sudo mount -o ro,remount /

Then restart. I copy and pasted so there was no typing errors from me. I am using putty.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Ok I'm gonna attempt to help you here.
    Quote Originally Posted by byebyev8 View Post
    mkdir /media/internal/bootlogo
    This created the bootlogo folder, located at /media/interal/bootlogo when you are rooted in, or in E:/bootlogo connected in USB mode (or whatever drive letter it has on your computer).
    cp /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo* /media/internal/bootlogo
    This copies every file that starts with "palm-logo" (palm-logo.png and palm-logo-bright.png) from their default location to the bootlogo folder. Now you can see them in USB mode.

This is the part you messed up. Exit putty, disconnect your pre, connect in USB mode, go to the bootlogo folder. The two files there are palm-logo.png and palm-logo-bright.png. You can either edit these two files to whatever you want, or copy someone else's images from the internet and overwrite these files. The important thing here is LEAVE THE FILENAMES THE SAME. The lines of code you enter later look for these exact files, as does your pre on startup.

Makes the file structure available for read and write.

sudo cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png.orig
    Backs up the original file (palm-logo.png) to palm-logo.png.orig

sudo cp -ip /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png.orig
    Backs up the original file (palm-logo-bright.png) to palm-logo-bright.png.orig

sudo cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo.png
    Copies your edited palm-logo.png into the default location, overwriting the stock file.

sudo cp /media/internal/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/palm-logo-bright.png
    Copies your edited palm-logo-bright.png into the default location, overwriting the stock file.

Makes the file structure available for read only.

Now that that's done, listen up. There are people on this forum that are smarter than you, and there are people that are dumber than you. There is no need for you to list your "accomplishments" twice in a forum.
    I have done battery percentage icon, add/remove pages, forward text, land scape on emails and others. So i think i know what i am doing. So let the challenge begin.
    I have already done battery percent, message forwarding, add/delete pages, land scape emails and homebrew apps.
    It sounds like you are bragging, but what you are bragging about, I could teach a 10 year old how to do.

It seems to me you got step by step instructions, but did not comprehend what you read, therefore did not understand the commands you were giving, even though they are extremely simple commands. Do yourself and everyone else on this forum that has to put up with you a favor and read the wiki on basic linux commands here: Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals

Wow you look for help to get the knowledge and end up with a bunch of assholes.
    Insulting people on here is the quickest way to NOT get help. On the diesel truck forum I use, you would have been banned immediately. Don't attempt to be clever and issue a "challenge". Type a descriptive subject, the steps you did, and ask for help without being rude.
    This thread has been incredibly entertaining!

Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  5.    #25  
    No I sent him a pm to try and kill this thread. I still cant seem to get it to work. Still cant find what I am doing wrong. Last night I did it over and over trying what I thought he was saying. Guess I am just that stupid.
    No I sent him a pm to try and kill this thread. I still cant seem to get it to work. Still cant find what I am doing wrong. Last night I did it over and over trying what I thought he was saying. Guess I am just that stupid.
    I don't think it's that you're stupid, but rather that you're trying to do things that are currently beyond your technological capacity, and not being very patient for responses.

I'd advice:
    (a) slowing down a bit, deciding what options for your phone you have the ability to adjust with some degree of confidence, and then asking for help on those items that you're struggling with. If you can't get past "step 1", then maybe that's a signal that you're in over your head.
    (b) if you do post a question, realize that it may take some time for a knowledgeable person to be available to answer. It definitely won't be within a minute or two.

Just free advice...but some folks say that if you take free advice, you'll only get what you paid for.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  7.    #27  
    I was in a hurry yes. I followed the directions and that was the frustrating part for me. I have been able to do so much so far. But the boot themes and the camera shutter sound button are the two that are pissing me off. We do this stuff to bend or break the rules. To show it can be done. We pass the knowledge on for others to enjoy. I never thought the first reaction would be rude. I am not one to read and understand. I need to do and then understand.
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    I am not one to read and understand. I need to do and then understand.
    Do you need to drink the poison first, then understand that it can kill you?

Seriously, slow down and read what I explained to you. Once you actually comprehend that, I will be able to help you more. If you are just running all kinds of commands without knowing what they do, you are eventually going to turn your phone into a paperweight, and pissed off enough people along the way that no one will hold your hand and explain how to use weOS doctor to restore your phone.

Let me try and explain another way. Connect your Pre in USB mode. I have attached two files. Save them to E:/bootlogo (or whatever drive letter your Pre shows up as). KEEP THE FILENAMES THE SAME. Overwrite whatever crap you have in there. The path to these two files needs to be:

E:/bootlogo/palm-logo.png
    E:/bootlogo/palm-logo-bright.png

Remember that E:/bootlogo in windows is the same as /media/internal/bootlogo when you are rooted in.

Disconnect. Make sure you are in developer mode. Reconnect and hit charge only. Start Putty and login. Run these commands:

Exit, disconnect, and turn off developer mode to restart. IF YOU DO THIS RIGHT, IT WILL WORK.

Oh, and people were assholes to you because you started a thread with a misleading title, and you think you know your stuff because you can copy and paste a few commands. Please for the love of God read this page:

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Basic_Linux_Use
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is why rooting should require you to prove that you have linux knowledge lol
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10.    #30  
    Ok first Thank you I finally got it. You are the man!! I will send you a thank you from the site as well.

Now lets finish the other part. I in now way said I new my **** just cause I had done a few copy and paste. I only meant that I could understand what I was doing to a point.

Now for the last part. My subject line in no way is a excuse for anyone to be a *******, PERIOD!!! I was nice at first, then I got some jerk off that has not even rooted his(Oil) phone running his mouth along with others. I am no punk and will be damned if I will be treated that way. Look at the thread, it was the *****s that replied that started it. I did not ask for dumbass reply's, it asked for help.

Now I need help doing the dialer! LOL
    Seriously get Winscp to do this work!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Another Challenge!
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    ...some jerk off that has not even rooted his(Oil) phone running his mouth along with others...
    Oil you can run your mouth all you want, you have developed three great apps for the Pre and that is what the Pre needs more than anything!
  14.    #34  
    What three apps did you do oil?
    You can't do any research at all huh?
    There in his signature.......
    XboxLiveFriends, Dot Games, and Blocked.
  16.    #36  
    LMFAO no I didn't look at that. WOW! Now I know why he was a jerk. You a XBOX nerd. PS3 rules!
    how old are you?
    someone please pm the mods.

byebyev8 is an obvious troll, guaging and enticing for replies.
  19.    #39  
    Yes I live under a bridge! I do not care about reply's I wanted help and got it and sent a thanks for the help. And yes get the mods I call for a deleting of this post. Was trying to make a joke about the PS3 and XBOX. I admit wasn't really funny but anyways.
  20.    #40  
    Want a couple answers before deleting.

1. Why did your script work and the one posted on this site not work?

2. Flash, I want to download it if possible. Question is if it will work, I assume you download for Linux? Also it gives you four options for Linux. YUM, .tar.gz, .rpm, .deb are the choices

Wouldn't let me update subject line legit*
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast