1.    #1  
    Guys,

I am in urgent need of help here. By mistake I accidently deleted first line of the appinfo.json located in

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/

This is for the Developer Mode Enabler app. I just need the first line of this file beginning with "title":

Can someone please post it while I am still logged in as a root. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hvshah69 View Post
    Guys,

I am in urgent need of help here. By mistake I accidently deleted first line of the appinfo.json located in

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/

This is for the Developer Mode Enabler app. I just need the first line of this file beginning with "title":

Can someone please post it while I am still logged in as a root. Thanks
    Code:
    {
    	"title": "DeveloperMode",
    	"type": "web",
    	"main": "index.html",
    	"id": "com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher",
    	"icon": "icon.png",
    	"noWindow": false,
    	"visible": false	
    }
    aka lunareclipse
    You can find me here:
    Twitter
    Pre Themes
  3.    #3  
    Many thanks. You are a lifesaver
    Recommend using cp to copy files to .orig or using FTP or rsync to back files up that you are editing. This has saved me several times. Also gives you a baseline to compare against to see what you have changes.
    For future reference in case you forget to backup again downloading the webos doctor will get you all the files too. I've not done so myself but it is my understanding you can get all of the files out of it (note not run it to restore your pre to factory state unless you want to).
    as long as you didnt :wq out of vi then it would have reverted back to original. if you make a mistake in the future just :q or :q! out and go back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    For future reference in case you forget to backup again downloading the webos doctor will get you all the files too. I've not done so myself but it is my understanding you can get all of the files out of it (note not run it to restore your pre to factory state unless you want to).
    Your correct sir, there is a tar in the resources folder with the whole image and all the webOS files are in there. I keep a copy extracted so I can reference if need be.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.