1.    #1  
    Real quick question. I want to test the process of, eg. changing the boot screen, using all the steps other than the usb part, using the emulator instead of the Pre device.

What are the settings for the PRE Emulator(IP address= 127.0.0.1, port =5522). I did use 127.0.0.1 and it seemed to work, but then
    it asked for the sign in. I've never set a sign in username nor password, so what would that be?

I want to enter the code into putty as per another great user on here posted on youtube. I just wanted to play with the emulator with those scripts .
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I use "localhost" Port: 5522

Sign in would be root/root.
  3.    #3  
    Dnic thanks for the info.

Now do you know if this is the same for the pre as well the root/root sign in or something else?
    The only reason I ask is because the last couple route thingys I did on my real palm I had to create my own sign in.... wi just want to make sure I don't screw it up.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srlake314 View Post
    Dnic thanks for the info.

Now do you know if this is the same for the pre as well the root/root sign in or something else?
    The only reason I ask is because the last couple route thingys I did on my real palm I had to create my own sign in.... wi just want to make sure I don't screw it up.
    If you "rooted" your pre, the instructions had you set up a username/pass to sign in with vs default.