Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I just tried snippets and it only seems to allow me to have one line of text. I needed to have a small list of just 2 items that I wanted each on their own line. I could not seem to do that with snippets

Pretty much what I thought it was.
    Oh well...
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Worth a shot. Oh well. lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #23  
    Bueller? Bueller?
    Seriously just a bump. Out of sight, out of mind and all of that.....
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

I'm working on an app that would solve all your problems (well, economic ones not included).

this app handles an user-defined number of "books", allowing for each one to contain tasks, generic lists or shopping lists. You can filter each book separately, to show the kind of items you want.

And some other interesting stuff, of course... I think it would be worthy to wait a week or so, until I make the presentation "officially" and open the (limited) beta program.

I could make a video for all of you interested...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    I'm working on an app that would solve all your problems (well, economic ones not included).

this app handles an user-defined number of "books", allowing for each one to contain tasks, generic lists or shopping lists. You can filter each book separately, to show the kind of items you want.

And some other interesting stuff, of course... I think it would be worthy to wait a week or so, until I make the presentation "officially" and open the (limited) beta program.

I could make a video for all of you interested...
    A solid Memo App is on my top 3 wishlist. I'd love to see what you have in mind.
    As promised, I'm proudly to introduce you Tasks'n'Lists:

Release Date: TBA (currently is in early alpha stage)
    We need voice memos too! If we don't have video, we should at the very least have voice recording...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    As promised, I'm proudly to introduce you Tasks'n'Lists:

Release Date: TBA (currently is in early alpha stage)
    Looks cool and I'm interested, especially if it syncs with something desktop (or even cloud if you must).

-Do you have plans for a "Hide Completed Items" view? (BTW- Palm's "Hide Completed" doesn't hide them immediately when checked, like you'd expect. You gotta change views, then change back, for it to work.
    Last edited by larnapp; 09/15/2009 at 04:47 AM. Reason: typo
  9.    #29  
    Add e-book reading and you would have the Holy Grail of apps! ii
    Seriously it looks great so far man. I cannot wait. Now just to figure out the best way to convert all of my old PalmOS memos...

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    After a long battle of thinking that it was overblown, I've fallen in love with Evernote. The only problem: the Pre version is very lacking. It doesn't support folders, still has some bugs, and can't sync locally (some of us take the subway).

It does take some time, I think, to transform yourself into thinking "this is a solution in search of a problem" to realizing that it's actually more useful than a simple "memo" app.

If only there was a new Pre version, I'd be happy.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    After a long battle of thinking that it was overblown, I've fallen in love with Evernote. The only problem: the Pre version is very lacking. It doesn't support folders, still has some bugs, and can't sync locally (some of us take the subway).

It does take some time, I think, to transform yourself into thinking "this is a solution in search of a problem" to realizing that it's actually more useful than a simple "memo" app.

If only there was a new Pre version, I'd be happy.
    With all due respect, and recognizing that this app is a bit of a solution for some folks (plus it has an impressive feature list and video demo), my first experience with it resulted in a note that simply vaporized without a trace. Later notes were saved, but there's no reason the first note disappeared so I don't trust it. Then it kept insisting that I was in "Offline Mode," even though I was surfing the web, etc. and the only way to fix this error was a reboot. I couldn't trust an app that occasionally deleted notes at random and requires a reboot (who knows how often) just to keep working.

First and foremost, a memo app has to let you write notes that will be there later.

The second reason Evernote isn't practical for me is that they want $45 for the fully functional version. Sure, there's a free version, but the feature set isn't nearly as useful/impressive as the full version. Oh, did I mention that it's $45 PER YEAR? I paid $200 for a phone and $100+ monthly for phone service and undoubtedly I'll be buying all kinds of apps, but seriously... $45 a year for a memo program!?

Glad it's working for you, but I need something reliable. I'll even pay $10 for it (but not annually).
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    With all due respect, and recognizing that this app is a bit of a solution for some folks (plus it has an impressive feature list and video demo), my first experience with it resulted in a note that simply vaporized without a trace. Later notes were saved, but there's no reason the first note disappeared so I don't trust it. Then it kept insisting that I was in "Offline Mode," even though I was surfing the web, etc. and the only way to fix this error was a reboot. I couldn't trust an app that occasionally deleted notes at random and requires a reboot (who knows how often) just to keep working.

First and foremost, a memo app has to let you write notes that will be there later.

The second reason Evernote isn't practical for me is that they want $45 for the fully functional version. Sure, there's a free version, but the feature set isn't nearly as useful/impressive as the full version. Oh, did I mention that it's $45 PER YEAR? I paid $200 for a phone and $100+ monthly for phone service and undoubtedly I'll be buying all kinds of apps, but seriously... $45 a year for a memo program!?

Glad it's working for you, but I need something reliable. I'll even pay $10 for it (but not annually).
    Hence my note that it had problems. However, some of the problems you described were fixed a while back.

I also happen to use the free version and find it works fine. That $45/year buys you an advanced tool. Luckily, it's plenty powerful in the free version. "Fully functional version" implies that the free version is crippled in some way that makes it useless. Not so, unless your need is to be able to upload 500MB/month worth of files to a server. That's very different from being able to capture notes.

I'm not here to convince everyone to use Evernote. I'm simply sharing that I shunned it for a while, but then had the realization that it was actually more useful than the Pre's memo app. And, to be honest, easier to use.

But, in the "real world" I carry a 8.5x11 notebook with me to meetings. Some people make do with bumming a scrap of paper or jotting things on Post-It Notes.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi, guys. I just submitted my MemoryUpgrade app to Palm's App Store. I happened to see this thread, and think that my app may be what some of you are looking for. I present: MemoryUpgrade.

This is a memory upgrade for YOU, not the Pre! It stores all of your memories for later recall. You provide the keywords and the data, and your WebOS device will take care of remembering for you. As soon as you start typing a search term, matching memories will instantly show up. You can then edit the data or quickly copy it to the clipboard by simply tapping an icon. You can also mark sensitive data, such as passwords, so that they don't appear on the results list, but you can still copy the data to the clipboard or modify the actual content. You can even have multiple memories with the same keywords, and you can delete a memory simply by swiping the memory off the results list.

Let me know what you think! I won't let me upload an .ipk file, so I had to zip it. Just unzip it and install with WebOSQuickInstall, palm-install, or your favorite method.

thanks,
    Xybyre
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by xybyre View Post
    Hi, guys. I just submitted my MemoryUpgrade app to Palm's App Store. I happened to see this thread, and think that my app may be what some of you are looking for. I present: MemoryUpgrade.

This is a memory upgrade for YOU, not the Pre! It stores all of your memories for later recall. You provide the keywords and the data, and your WebOS device will take care of remembering for you. As soon as you start typing a search term, matching memories will instantly show up. You can then edit the data or quickly copy it to the clipboard by simply tapping an icon. You can also mark sensitive data, such as passwords, so that they don't appear on the results list, but you can still copy the data to the clipboard or modify the actual content. You can even have multiple memories with the same keywords, and you can delete a memory simply by swiping the memory off the results list.

Let me know what you think! I won't let me upload an .ipk file, so I had to zip it. Just unzip it and install with WebOSQuickInstall, palm-install, or your favorite method.

thanks,
    Xybyre
    The don't let you upload .ipk because the homebrew gallery is better, adding your app to the various homebrew app downloaders May wanna consider that
    Yes, we do need a real Memos app, one that syncs with Outlook at least. I have 8500 Memos written under both PalmOS (dating back to 1996) and Outlook, carefully categorized, that I'd love to access and add to with a true WebOS app. Given that MotionApps seems to know how to work true WiFi Hotsync under WebOS (for upcoming Classic update), this seems eminently doable, even if neither EAS nor Google sync Outlook Notes. Meanwhile, once Classic is updated, at least that will be a way to truly read and write memos on the Pre. {Jonathan}
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12