Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I'm using Nero for playback and it works great...any reason for no sound? Or is that normal.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    these playback with media player classic home cinema just fine

I will wait until this is a bit more refined, but man, I can't wait to be able to record video with my pre!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larry313 View Post
    I'm using Nero for playback and it works great...any reason for no sound? Or is that normal.
    According to Jason, altstart1 has sound. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Attached is the updated zip with the fixed videocam service ipk
    it works fine, only the recording dont stop XD

record record !!!!!!! cool

some1 knows what to do to stop recording??
    There Is No Sound At The Current Time
    I don't know if anyone has pointed this out or not, but doesn't there need to be some kind of sound input device on the PRE for it to be able to get it ie a mic. I don't think recordings will ever have sound unless someone can come up with some kind of virtual mic.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevilsiz View Post
    I don't know if anyone has pointed this out or not, but doesn't there need to be some kind of sound input device on the PRE for it to be able to get it ie a mic. I don't think recordings will ever have sound unless someone can come up with some kind of virtual mic.
    I know, good point. Its almost like we need a phone that has a mic. Like one that has speaker phone... I hope they update the hardware....

Oh, that must be coming in 1.2.1...
    yeah.. if only our phone had a mic... of some sort..
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Thats quite odd because there is sound on the YouTube video..
    My videos play on WMP, but it's just a bunch of gloopidyglop (did I spell that right)..

The proof of concept in itself is very excited indeed.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I know, good point. Its almost like we need a phone that has a mic. Like one that has speaker phone... I hope they update the hardware....

Oh, that must be coming in 1.2.1...
    wait.. there is no way of using the speakerphone mic yet? Are you sure about that? Because it seems like you could just look at the source for the phone app or something..
    I think there was some sarcasm there...
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s00pcan View Post
    wait.. there is no way of using the speakerphone mic yet? Are you sure about that? Because it seems like you could just look at the source for the phone app or something..
    Brilliant!
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by string97bean View Post
    I think there was some sarcasm there...
    NO!, none at all!
    Great as always, Jason. My experience:

1) Alt-1 yields an "Invalid command" error.

2) Alt-2 may start the camera, but it seemed to generate a 0-size file.

3) Regular "Start Rec" records well without sound (USB port must be up for proper orientation), but recording doesn't shut off either when "Stop Rec" is pressed *or* when card is closed. USB mode turns off recording.

Thanks again! {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    So someone just needs how to figure out how to integrate the speaker phone/end you talk in to to the video recording and there you go. I wonder how hard that is to do?
    As far as the GUI goes, how about 'simply' adding start/stop buttons in the stock camera app?
    It's kinda been done before.. Patch Camera Shutter Sound On-Off Button - WebOS Internals
    This way you get a preview of what you're shootin as well.
    /EU/GR/
    mine is not working at all, somebody pls help
    its up on Engadget now, thankfully they don't link to this thread, as they note it's not ready for prime time and is firmly in developer stage.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Great as always, Jason. My experience:

1) Alt-1 yields an "Invalid command" error.

2) Alt-2 may start the camera, but it seemed to generate a 0-size file.

3) Regular "Start Rec" records well without sound (USB port must be up for proper orientation), but recording doesn't shut off either when "Stop Rec" is pressed *or* when card is closed. USB mode turns off recording.

Thanks again! {Jonathan}
    My experience exactly. SM Player worked great. Now, if only SM Player was a file converter, I'd be able to convert the file into a format that is more easily usable. Maybe even play them on my Pre.. I tried using SUPER, but all it did was take the gloopidyglop video and turn it into a 16 minute still.
    In SM Player however, the quality is good.
    We are on our way.
    Thanks guys for keeping hope alive..
    Quote Originally Posted by wandecoal View Post
    mine is not working at all, somebody pls help
    have you installed it as is scattered throughout the thread, with all of the associated service packages (not included in the zip I believe?)

Since your new here, I don't know what level of familiarity you have with playing around in these murky developer type waters, but be fore-warned that this is NOT intended for casual users at this point. It is unstable and undeveloped, this will change with time, but you are probably better off waiting a few days or a week until it is made user friendly.

If, on the other hand, you have read the thread and understand whats happening, please feel free to aid a hand, and to post some specifics on what is and isn't working, and at what point in the process you have encountered the problem.
    There are four lights.
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast