Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Can the test app for the video camera be downloaded straight to the PRE via Preware? If so, how?
    so i tried it... no sound but video plays on sm player... took a few tries before it started recording now i cant get it to stop the file keeps getting larger going to do a java restart see if that helps before i try reboot.
    MatterOfFactJack
    ha i have a 11mb file that will not play but a 2.5mb file that does play. only way to stop the "recording" was to reboot the pre
    MatterOfFactJack
    It is working and creating the mp4 file but I cannot open it with any player
    can someone please be nice to tell me how to get it to work. i installed it thru webosinstall and i have the moon app icon videorectest but it wont start when i hit start! HELP!
    I can not get it to start recording anymore it really weird i keep getting video files of 0 bytes but sometimes that doesnt even happen either. i am running leaked 1.2 but i dont think that should matter a whole lot for this application. at one point recording started and i copied the file over to my computer while it was still recording that is the video that works i started a second video went up to 11mb i restarted the pre because it would not stop recording now i tried that video and it does not work.

Quote Originally Posted by edress714 View Post
    can someone please be nice to tell me how to get it to work. i installed it thru webosinstall and i have the moon app icon videorectest but it wont start when i hit start! HELP!
    This is only a test application it is not set up to be user friendly and people are trying to get it really working and perfected before they can start troubleshooting. if you cant get it to install you are better off to wait till a perfected version is released at some point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    It is working and creating the mp4 file but I cannot open it with any player
    us SM player
    MatterOfFactJack
    i tried for the past 10 mins. the app icon is a moon correct? and to start recording do you hit start rec or start rec alt1? why cant palm jst give us video... its sad how we have to find it and do it

To start recording you hit the start rec button. The alt1 and alt 2 did not work for me. When you start recording you might think that nothing is going on but in actuality its recording.

Do this. Hit start record and wait 30 second then hit stop record. Plug your pre via USB to a computer and hit USB drive. Look for a file that looks something like this 09_25_09_10_20_49.mp4
    it says invalid command when i hit any of the start ones
    it says invalid command when i hit any of the start ones
    Did you install both ipk's via Webos quick install?
    so after 8 tries not in any particular order it started recording again and as grabbed the file while it is recording it works i will restart pre since i cant get it to stop recording and try grabbing it again see if i have any luck
    MatterOfFactJack
    wow thanks bamya. i have like 50 recordings haha i have hit start for the last 30 mins and i have a bunch of clips when i connect it. is there a way to see it on the pre?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    I'm going to put this in our youtube account - if you're not comfortable with that, just let me know and I'll take it down.

Jason's post going up as soon as youtube finishes encoding!
    Thats fine.
    wow thanks bamya. i have like 50 recordings haha i have hit start for the last 30 mins and i have a bunch of clips when i connect it. is there a way to see it on the pre?
    No not that im aware of. It has something to do with the video format. The video app doesnt recognize the clips but the music app does.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I had no problems getting the video to play in mpc, but it's slow, much slower than the youtube video. Getting it to stop and record is tricky, I must have tried recording 3 videos and it only did one.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

By the way, I downloaded the mp4 from youtube and put it on my phone.. played fine. Youtube must properly format the file.
    Last edited by s00pcan; 09/25/2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    not sure if anyone posted this yet but mac users can use mplayer to play their videos
    NEW APPS in the catolog!!!!!!!!!! Mafia Wars etc.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Thanks for your hard work...Not able to play with VLC...and cannot not view the subject I am recording??? ANy ideas??
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    not able to playback on VLC or see subject I am recording?? Any ideas?? Thanks for all of your hard work
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Anyone able to get start alt1 or 2 working?
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast