Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Seems to be working, though of course no video preview.

Edit: Actually it seems when I tap the start button I get a 0 byte file in /media/internal/ even after stopping, and the service stops responding (tapping the flash on button doesn't do anything after this).

Rebooting now so I can try Alt 1 and Alt 2. Any explanation of how those are different?
    downloaded, installed and tested. slowed my phone down to a crawl after rec ording. doing a reboot now.
    The flash stays on but as soon as recording starts the light turns off? Any way to keep it on as it seems thats what you wanted. Thanks!
    I did notice that too. waiting for reboot to take a look at the video that was shot.
    can video be previewed with internals? or just via usb?
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    I did notice that too. waiting for reboot to take a look at the video that was shot.
    can video be previewed with internals? or just via usb?
    why is a reboot neccessary?
    phone was running really slow after the initial video was shot. just seeing if a reboot fixes that. still rebooting.
    Alt1 gives me Invalid Command on leaked 1.2. Alt2 gives Error (00147/171730957) camd: goal changed.
    rebooted, and phone is normal again.
    checking the video out now.
    Closed the app and rebooted and this time I got a real video file from the main start button, but the stop button doesn't seem to be stopping it (the file is still growing).
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Alt1 gives me Invalid Command on leaked 1.2. Alt2 gives Error (00147/171730957) camd: goal changed.

Only the first option works However, I havent been able to open the .mp4 on my computer, nothing recognizes it yet..
    Its working though definitely
    2.5MB file that was 0 in length did not play

didnt know what i was doing? hit on.. flash came on..hit start and i think it went off. couldnt get it to come on after that, even after hitting stop. hitting other things seemed to do nothing. i just kept pressing stuff hoping for some magic haha... so idk what i was "supposed" to do.
    I uploaded a new version of the webos RecTest app. to the preview zip attachment. Try redownloading the zip and installing it.

One suggestion. try going into the camera app then exiting and going to the RecTest app.

[Start] uses the starting command from here.

[StartAlt1] uses "gst-launch camsrc ! palmvideoencoder ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/media/internal/$FILE alsasrc ! mulawenc ! mux" which supposedly records audio as well

[StartAlt2] uses "gst-launch camsrc ! palmvideoencoder ! avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/media/internal/$FILE alsasrc ! wavenc ! mux"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Attached is the updated zip with the fixed videocam service ipk
    Jason,

Great job in starting the packaging of this research for end users. Since it's open source I've been able to take a look at it, and I can suggest a couple of improvements to make the installation and removal experience for the users much better:

1) Please look at the ipkgservice or accelservice /etc/event.d file to see how to start the service without using respawn. The respawn is the reason why people's phone will slow to a crawl after installation - you can see why in the /var/log/messages file, which gets filled by many respawn messages as the new service is trying to connect via a service framework which is still restarting.

The file to look at is at: git.webos-internals.org Git - services/accelservice.git/blob - upstart/org.webosinternals.accelservice

You will need a status method in the service for the upstart script to check. See line 157 onwards in: git.webos-internals.org Git - services/accelservice.git/blob - AccelService.java

2) Please use the latest postinst conditional and the RestartFlags so that Preware (and hopefully WebOS Quick Install in the future) can install the service without doing a java services restart without warning the user first (since this kills the phone connection when you do).

See line 14 in: git.webos-internals.org Git - services/accelservice.git/blob - control/postinst for the example of what to do, then add the PostInstallFlags and PostRemoveFlags in the Source: JSON line in the package control file - for example, the last two fields in this line from the accelservice control file:

Source: { "Source":"git://git.webos-internals.org/services/accelservice.git", "Feed":"WebOS Internals", "Type":"Service", "Category":"Services and Plugins", "LastUpdated":"1252972978", "Title":"Accelerometer Service", "FullDescription":"This service provides access to the accelerometer driver\'s poll_interval parameter. As of webOS 1.1.0, this interval is not accessible from application development and is set to 250ms. This makes most accelerometer driven applications choppy and slow. With this service, the poll_interval can be changed dynamically by the application.", "Homepage":"http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Application:AccelService", "Icon":"http://www.webos-internals.org/images/d/de/Icon_WebOSInternals_AccelerometerService.png", "License":"GPL v2 Open Source", "PostInstallFlags":"RestartJava", "PostRemoveFlags":"RestartJava" }

Jason, if you do these two things, then the videocam service installation experience will be much better for your users.

Feel free to ping me on IM if you would like an assistance with this.

We'd be happy for you to host a git repository on git.webos-internals.org if you so desired too - then multiple developers could help out with the packaging details like these ...

Great job for taking up and packing the research that has been going on for some time on this topic! Let's work together to make it interoperable with all the different installers, and make it the best installation experience for the users.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    The stop button isn't working, so the video keeps recording. And maybe because of this (the only way I've been able to make it stop is to reboot so maybe it doesn't save entirely right), the video gives me an error on the PC.

Hmm wait, I closed the card and it seems to have stopped growing. I'm not sure if that's directly related or if stopping the video is very delayed (I pressed the button to stop at 1MB, the file is now 19MB). However, the video still isn't playable on my PC in Media Player Classic or in Windows Media Player. Downloading VLC to see if it works in that.

Edit: Not playing in VLC either.
    Quote Originally Posted by twentythreemx View Post
    2.5MB file that was 0 in length did not play

didnt know what i was doing? hit on.. flash came on..hit start and i think it went off. couldnt get it to come on after that, even after hitting stop. hitting other things seemed to do nothing. i just kept pressing stuff hoping for some magic haha... so idk what i was "supposed" to do.
    Try watching in SMPlayer - Downloads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Try watching in SMPlayer - Downloads
    The video is working in that player, even though the timer still is showing 0:00 for length. I don't seem to have any sound or anything though, but still at least the video is playing.
    im still having trouble even getting it to play. even with that SMPlayer.
    ok i got it to play, but there is no sound and its playing in faster than normal speed like its being fast forwarded. Prettynice quality though.
    There is some huge possibilities with this if it can somehow be turned into a working app. The video is ready, all it needs is to be able to view in real time and having a progress bar would be nice as well. Wish i had more knowledge on building this into a working app to help with it.
    Do you plan on working on this anymore? I beleive in you, I know you can hack the gibson.
    The first option is the only one that works but for some reason the video playback is super fast. Great job though keep up the excellent work.