Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    Weird never saw this thread. If someone wants to do the gui, I might be able to help with the service.

Though isn't video rumored for 1.2?
    I'd be more than happy to do the GUI for this. Still reading through the O'Reilly WebOS book, but my XHTML and CSS skills are more than up to the task; it's my Javascript that's lacking a little.

PM me if you're still interested.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Please get this done! Video recording is a killer feature to have left out. To be able to get video recorded at all would be fantastic. then to be able to e-mail it and eventually MMS it would be amazing!
    Thanks for everyone's work on this.
    You guys were moving so fast for a while there. Any updates?

Couldn't help but notice that progress seemed to stop when webOS 1.2 got leaked.

Are you all off playing with 1.2 and working on your apps for the catalog?

- Craig
    Want me to make this into a video recording java service? Maybe add a base gui?

Edit: lol, can't believe missed TheOutsider's post, ignore this then, lol
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    BUMP

Anything new to report on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    You guys were moving so fast for a while there. Any updates?

Couldn't help but notice that progress seemed to stop when webOS 1.2 got leaked.

Are you all off playing with 1.2 and working on your apps for the catalog?

- Craig
    Personally I think it's more advantageous in the long run to get gstreamer plugins working before getting video recording. Once we can add plugin support to the Pre's implementation of gstreamer we can make a far more robust video app that encodes in basically whatever format you prefer. I'm looking at it in my spare time, but I'd really like to see what changes, if any, are made in 1.2 final next week before I get too involved.

I really don't understand why Palm built such a limited version of gstreamer; you'd think having tons of codec support would be a big selling feature over the iphone and it's not like they'd even really have to do any more work to implement it. Instead we're locked down to m4v just like the Apple kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Want me to make this into a video recording java service? Maybe add a base gui?

Edit: lol, can't believe missed TheOutsider's post, ignore this then, lol
    No jason... do it!
    anyone able to recode the vid so it's playable in any standard player?

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    I'll look into it after my big WOSQI release is done
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    anyone able to recode the vid so it's playable in any standard player?
    Which standard are you referring too? :P

Works fine for me with the standard mplayer on Ubuntu. You could use Handbrake to transcode it to some other format if you want.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Somebody say video on pre?!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    handbrake didnt work, anyvideo converter worked ok but now when i play it the speed is kinda fast.

hope the rumors bout the video recorder being an app are true and coming out this month, it's been fun doin it this way but would like to have an actual gui on the pre that records and encodes

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    johnsavage, is that you in the avatar?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsavage06 View Post
    handbrake didnt work, anyvideo converter worked ok but now when i play it the speed is kinda fast.

hope the rumors bout the video recorder being an app are true and coming out this month, it's been fun doin it this way but would like to have an actual gui on the pre that records and encodes
    Here is what I use in case that helps:

Code:
    mencoder 090911123304.mts -ffourcc xvid -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=1600:pass=2 -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=5:mode=3 -o SwimMeet1.avi
    I hear yah. I wish I could see on the screen what Im pointing at. One of these days......
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    johnsavage, is that you in the avatar?
    lol yes thats me

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Sample vid with audio (in AVI xVid format) using the above mencoder options.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    holy video recording batman!!! pre has video and not to shabby quality either
    Nice!

That's pretty serviceable quality too.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by zonyl View Post
    Sample vid with audio (in AVI xVid format) using the above mencoder options.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    Can only be downloaded 10 times and that has been exceeded.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Sorry, try this one.

http://www.filedropper.com/previd2
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast