Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrusking View Post
    After running the command lines in Linux in Quickinstall, the Precorder file doesn't update and remains at 0.2.0 and I get this message following entering the command lines:

root@castle: wget http://bit.ly/precorder-bootstrap sh precorder-bootstrap
    Connecting to bit.ly (168.143.174.29:80)
    wget: can't open 'precorder-bootstrap': File exists

Suggestions?
    uninstall precorder-bootstrap
    i can't remember what the command was

Try removing precorder and gst from preware then doing bootstrap
    Last edited by grynv; 11/29/2009 at 02:16 PM.
    Used preware to do uninstall. Then tried reinstalling bootstrap. Now no Precorder, a Linux says file already exist. Anyone know the uninstall command line?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Installed with the bootstrap (made sure I was in /media/internal dir before
    running commands so it would have some place to write the script).

First few attempts at recording failed. Then magically it worked a couple times
    using MPEG4/ACC -> mp4 container.
    And now it doesn't work again. It's just creating zero length .mp4 files
    and the Camera app no longer functions, even when Precorder is shut down.

A full reboot got it working again, but it still occasionally produces 0KB files
    so there's no telling whether you're recording a clean vid or not.

ian
    Last edited by Daemon; 11/29/2009 at 07:21 PM.
    ok well just installed this as well as the myflashlight tar file. both are working in tandem and my camera is still up and running, my ringer and vibrate still work, the videos record with flash and sound, so so far so good. uhm i attempted the bootstrap install and had no luck so i just went with WOSQI got the files and was set.

AMAZING JOB DEVS!!!! CANT WAIT FOR BETA!!! =)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    This was working great for me for a while but then the flash on my camera would not cut off. I exited the app and it still would not cut off. I changed the preferences on the app and cut off the flash, nothing. I even deleted it and reset the phone and the flash still stayed on the whole time. Finally I removed the battery from the phone and then replaced it and it reset the phone and it was fine. I re-installed the app and now my new issue is that the videos are not appearing in my "Videos" app after i record and hit the "Launch Player" button.
    Is it possible to take a video with precorder and send it with the patch messaging audio/video attachments? I tried with no luck but I havent tried all of the formats. Does anyone know if this would work and if so what formats would be best sending phone to phone?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Install the Internalz app and go look in the /media/internal/video
    directory. You'll see that it's creating zero length video files.
    That's why they're showing up in the Video Player. I've found
    no rhyme or reason to why it does that, sometimes. I just kept
    trying and eventually it worked again, but sometimes it still doesn't.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by tejoe View Post
    since i'm total against irc and this was the first post on precorder bump'd to the top.I will put my feedback here(great job now that that's out the way)
    first I think the dev of this app should talk to the dev of no dose and work something out maybe get an if cam running function going
    uhm using the either the power buttin or volume button to record
    speaking of volume I think dan(musicplayerremix) found a undocumented api for volume control wouldn't know if it affects the mic volume
    and I think there should be a sms option limit the file size to 600k plus just rename the .3gp container to an sms acceptable one that could even be a send to sms option
    more to come.....
    Hi tejoe. Firefishe here replying.

Just as an aside: IRC (Internet Relay Chat) has been around since the Internet began. The FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) movement depends on IRC--chiefly on irc.freenode.net--for real-time communications between developers and end-users across the entire FOSS network. Without IRC, many technical conversations would go undiscussed and unknown.

I'm not saying IRC isn't dated a bit, but it is still quite active, especially with obscure and hard-to-find projects. The channels #webos, #webos-internals, and #wirc (for the Pre IRC client), come to mind immediately.

Now, I don't know if you use the SDK on Windows or not, but I can say that I've had no luck with it there. I have it installed on my Ubuntu Linux 9.10 system, and it works better there than on Windows, which I have not had any luck on getting it to work properly.

IRC provided the solutions I needed from #ubuntu on Freenode, as well as the aforementioned WebOS channels.

Before you go saying you're against IRC (being against a communications medium is, in and of itself, simply strange from my perspective), why not go to some of the above mentioned channels and idle there for a few days, save the channel logs, and go back and read over them and see what actually occurs.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Warm Regards,
    Firefishe

P.S. As to the video player issue for the PRE: Palm just needs to get its act together and get one working for it--as well as fixing up the botched sound truncations in 1.3.1 that mess up Sprint Navigation (TeleNav)--and stop releasing botched updates. 1.2.1 was stable. I downgraded to it using the web doctor, and am staying with it until I see *real* stability, then I'll update.

Force-updating is also just plain wrong, and I don't understand Palm's reasoning on this issue. Stability first, functionality second, and the balancing of the two before an update; that's what Palm needs to learn. --Regards, Firefishe
    Last edited by Firefishe; 12/10/2009 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefishe View Post
    Before you go saying you're against IRC (being against a communications medium is, in and of itself, simply strange from my perspective), why not go to some of the above mentioned channels and idle there for a few days, save the channel logs, and go back and read over them and see what actually occurs.
    Or read any of the logs from the start of webos-internals until today:

http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos-internals/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Can somebody help me? Can't seem to view my recorded videos, is there a patch or something?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    If you can't view the recorded vids, it's probably because it's not
    really creating them. If you install the Internalz tool you can go
    look at the files in the video directory and see that it's most likely
    creating a series of zero length files. I found no consistent way to
    fix this. I just kept changing the settings, occasional reboots
    and then it works, for a while. I've had it record a couple good
    vids, then a zero length one then a good one again all in a
    few minutes. It's just buggy.

Another thing. If you close Precorder and try to open the Camera app
    and it fails, then you'll know that Precorder will definitely create
    zero length files when you try to record. Requires a reboot to fix.

ian
    i tried to run the camera and it wont open at all. and now i cant play any movies, or stream anything fromthe web browser at all . and i been running precorder for a day. it still makes vids. just wont play any or let me use the camera. ****in me off. i really wanted them to work
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefishe View Post
    Hi tejoe. Firefishe here replying.

Just as an aside: IRC (Internet Relay Chat) has been around since the Internet began. The FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) movement depends on IRC--chiefly on irc.freenode.net--for real-time communications between developers and end-users across the entire FOSS network. Without IRC, many technical conversations would go undiscussed and unknown.

I'm not saying IRC isn't dated a bit, but it is still quite active, especially with obscure and hard-to-find projects. The channels #webos, #webos-internals, and #wirc (for the Pre IRC client), come to mind immediately.

Now, I don't know if you use the SDK on Windows or not, but I can say that I've had no luck with it there. I have it installed on my Ubuntu Linux 9.10 system, and it works better there than on Windows, which I have not had any luck on getting it to work properly.

IRC provided the solutions I needed from #ubuntu on Freenode, as well as the aforementioned WebOS channels.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Warm Regards,
    Firefishe

P.S. As to the video player issue for the PRE: Palm just needs to get its act together and get one working for it--as well as fixing up the botched sound truncations in 1.3.1 that mess up Sprint Navigation (TeleNav)--and stop releasing botched updates. 1.2.1 was stable. I downgraded to it using the web doctor, and am staying with it until I see *real* stability, then I'll update.

Force-updating is also just plain wrong, and I don't understand Palm's reasoning on this issue. Stability first, functionality second, and the balancing of the two before an update; that's what Palm needs to learn. --Regards, Firefishe
    I'm not against IRC as a media form more of like some are against tweeter texting and the like.There is no good reason just stubborn i guess. Its just preference i can use it but decided since about 1999 when i first heard of it while searching for files on usenet("alt.group.nerd.illegalfile.downloads") that its not to my liking.
    I'm not against IRC as a media form more of like some are against tweeter texting and the like.There is no good reason just stubborn i guess. Its just preference i can use it but decided since about 1999 when i first heard of it while searching for files on usenet("alt.group.nerd.illegalfile.downloads") that its not to my liking.
    Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding ...

There are many IRC networks. Some are used for illegal activities. FreeNode (the one that Palm uses for the #webos channel, and the one that I chose for the #webos-internals) does not allow such activity.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding ...

There are many IRC networks. Some are used for illegal activities. FreeNode (the one that Palm uses for the #webos channel, and the one that I chose for the #webos-internals) does not allow such activity.

-- Rod
    i didn't imply that i hope i was talking about usenet(newsgroups) the orignal copyrighted file sharing medium i know you guys channel is above board but it's just not something i do

To add
    i dont do tweeter either
    i didn't imply that i hope i was talking about usenet(newsgroups) the orignal copyrighted file sharing medium i know you guys channel is above board but it's just not something i do

To add
    i dont do tweeter either
    Yep, I know you did not mean to imply it. I wanted to make sure no-one got the wrong impression.

Interesting that you don't do IRC or Twitter, but do Google Wave ...

-- Rod (each to their own)
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yep, I know you did not mean to imply it. I wanted to make sure no-one got the wrong impression.

Interesting that you don't do IRC or Twitter, but do Google Wave ...

-- Rod (each to their own)
    skynet(google) reel'd me in early
    I can't get Preware to do anything on my Pre. I have done a EPR and still nothing.....can someone help me? I keep getting some error message about splits.....help please, I miss Preware...(
    Are you tryin to install it with WQI v2.9 and are your downloading the package manager first...?
    Tried Running the PreCorder and I get "gstservice is not running" can I get some help on this thanks. I restarted rebooted and I ran the web os doctor and nothing I need HELP!!!! Thanks ahead of time.